Hottentota Hottentota

Raygamer

Arachnopeon
Anyone here know what are the growth rate for this species?
And i know the female can breed without the male. But how often will she produce scorplings once she is matured?

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
Anyone here know what are the growth rate for this species?
And i know the female can breed without the male. But how often will she produce scorplings once she is matured?
The growth rate is very slow, long premolts. Especially if you keep them cool. I keep mine 90+ and they still still grow extremely slow. I do provide a water dish that i frequently see them using and they even get in it an bathe and submerge themselves. The adults usually produce broods every 3-4 months as an adult.

Raygamer

Arachnopeon
The growth rate is very slow, long premolts. Especially if you keep them cool. I keep mine 90+ and they still still grow extremely slow. I do provide a water dish that i frequently see them using and they even get in it an bathe and submerge themselves. The adults usually produce broods every 3-4 months as an adult.
How long will they live after maturity?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Typically a couple years once mature. They'll live longer if you aren't planning on breeding them or get one from a non-parthenogenetic population.

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
Typically a couple years once mature. They'll live longer if you aren't planning on breeding them or get one from a non-parthenogenetic population.
Yea my adult female lived for about 1.5 yrs after maturation , however as mentioned the constant broods take a toll on her health, my adults towards the end acted lethargic and didnt eat for a few months (which was unusual for her as she ate great and was super aggressive) and i found her dead.

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
In fact her last brood was completely unhealthy and all of em but one died. They either fell off her back and died or they just wouldn't eat once off her back. Ive noticed this same behavior in some of my other breeder scorpions. Its taxing on their bodies delivering all those broods