John,

Here are IMO the most dangerous ones.

Androctonus, Leiurus, and Tityus.

Cheers,
Ryan

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
May not be the most venomous, but I would be more afraid of H. lepturus above all scorpions.

Mike

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
after 3 minutes of research, i am tempted to agree:
"...severe complications are known from the sting of H. lepturus. Severe and fatal haemolysis, secondary renal failure, deep and necrotic ulcers, ankylosis of the joints, psychological problems and death are reported complications. A clinical study from a region in Iran shows that H. lepturus is responsible for 12 % of the reported stings, but is responsible for 95 % of the mortalities..."
that freaks even *ME* out!

cheers! :D
- munis

May not be the most venomous, but I would be more afraid of H. lepturus above all scorpions.

Mike

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I belive Tityus claims the most lives per year, and some of the centruoides from Mexico pack a punch, but the few above are very accurate. :eek: Out of all I think Tityus are sleepers, they always seem very low-strung but on the other hand are extremely fast and can be unpredictable at times, also are fond of heights and getting to the quickly. They also have awesome camoflague at young instars and some even as adults.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
after 3 minutes of research, i am tempted to agree:
"...severe complications are known from the sting of H. lepturus. Severe and fatal haemolysis, secondary renal failure, deep and necrotic ulcers, ankylosis of the joints, psychological problems and death are reported complications. A clinical study from a region in Iran shows that H. lepturus is responsible for 12 % of the reported stings, but is responsible for 95 % of the mortalities..."
that freaks even *ME* out!

cheers! :D
- munis

holy cow!!!

I WANT ONE I WANT ONE!!! ;P ;P ;P

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What scorpions would you consider "hot". Snakes have rattlesnakes, etc.
With reptiles, pretty much anything with venom is considered "hot" so it isn't quite the same terminology with scorpions. We know they are all venomous. So pretty much anything medically significant might be the "hot" you're referring to.