Hornworm pupa

twong3235

Arachnopeon
So my P. Metallica has been on a hunger strike so I fed it this giant hornworm a few weeks ago.

There’s another post I made about my P. Metallica not being too happy about the new setup I gave him so I’m making the enclosure similar to the way it was before.

Let me get back to the hornworm, now I’m fixing up the enclosure and I see this brown thing sticking out of the cocofiber and I swear it’s a giant hornworm pupa. I guess my T didn’t eat it. I can see the wings and the proboscis and it’s pretty cool.

Anyways, what are the chances of this thing surviving this stage of life, hatching, and getting its life sniffed out thereafter because a flying insect would probably drive the T nuts?

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
A while back I tried to feed my P.pulcher a hornworm, and she was terrified. She hid from it, and when I went to go remove it a bit later, I saw that it was gone. I honestly thought she'd stopped being so scared and had eaten it. A few weeks later there was a large moth flapping around her enclosure, and a once again very terrified T. I ended up just feeding the moth a bit of sugar/salt water, and letting her flap around the house. It lived about 5-6 days. I plan on making some sort of framed taxidermy with her because I like moths. :happy:
Anyway, I imagine now that it's pupated it will likely hatch. Up to you if you want to remove it or just leave it as a snack for your T for later. They don't have mouths (just long tongues), so they can't attack your T.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
P met will probably love a winged snack.
My P. met will kill things and just leave it, not eating it. Just a weird fasting thing, I get it from other Ts too.

twong3235

Arachnopeon
My P. Metallica is the most finicky out of all my Ts when it comes to eating. Hopefully it works