Honduran curly hair sling

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I recently got a honduran curly hair sling (I hope I'm using the term correctly, it's a tiny little guy) I've seen it eat once on a dead meal worm I dropped in there. Since then he's been pretty inactive. I have him in an old deli container with plenty of substrate and ventilation and I keep an eye on humidity and give it a spray every once in a while on one side. He's just burrowed to the bottom and hasn't moved at all really, when I watch him for a while he'll adjust his leg or something. I know he's ok. But is there anything more I should be doing for it? Any special treatment for anything sind he's so small

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hey guys, I recently got a honduran curly hair sling (I hope I'm using the term correctly, it's a tiny little guy) I've seen it eat once on a dead meal worm I dropped in there. Since then he's been pretty inactive. I have him in an old deli container with plenty of substrate and ventilation and I keep an eye on humidity and give it a spray every once in a while on one side. He's just burrowed to the bottom and hasn't moved at all really, when I watch him for a while he'll adjust his leg or something. I know he's ok. But is there anything more I should be doing for it? Any special treatment for anything sind he's so small
Pictures would be great and so would a small plastic bottle cap. He really doesn't like to be sprayed. What's he eating?
BTW, it's Brachypelma albopilosum. Common names are sooo confusing, and we all prefer the scientific name.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Honestly, you sound like you're 100% spot on. But, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Can we see a picture of the entire enclosure?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
It's doesn't look like you've done anything wrong. If the sling is eating, molting and not showing signs of dehydration or being malnourished it's fine. Just don't over mist.

It sounds like you're going through what all new T owners go through... the uncertainty and unknown of keeping T's.

It was already mentioned, but can you a post a pic?

Last edited:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
That cup is a bit big for such a tiny guy. I use the smallest condiment cups for that size. Just make sure u wet a portion of the dirt for it if u don't use a water dish. And make sure it finds the prekilled feeders.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I agreed, that container is a bit big for that sling, but it's not the end of the world and if you feed it regularly it should grow into the container within a year or so. Also, if you weren't aware, remember that the B. albo will burrow as sling, so don't be freaked it if it doesn't utilize that creative bottle cap hide. lol

I also echo feeding prekilled prey. Dead pinhead crickets or pieces of large crickets or B. dubia.

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
So Hector has been sealed of four about a month now with no food..any input? I'm a little worried. Just started to move substrate and he got mad and was jumping all over in there at me with his little strike pose..I guess if he had that much energy he's probably ok?

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
So Hector has been sealed of four about a month now with no food..any input? I'm a little worried. Just started to move substrate and he got mad and was jumping all over in there at me with his little strike pose..I guess if he had that much energy he's probably ok?
Ya think? Lol. Yes, he's fine. Ts know what they're doing. Let him go back into his safe little den AND DON'T MESS WITH HIM!! :rofl: Especially if he's throwing up a threat pose!:eek:
I've got an A. seemani juvie who hasn't come out of her tunnels for 3 or 4 months. She's alive and fine. And fer sure I won't dig that brat out!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
So he's a teeny tiny spiderling pee pee baby and he's already throwing threat postures? You got a feisty little one

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
This goofball just molted which explains the hostility and laziness. Anybody else ever had a crazy curly like me? He loves to sit upside down and sideways in his burrow.