Home's Hingeback Tortoise

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
We went to a reptile show here in Pensacola on Saturday. It was awesome, and we came home with an unexpected new pet. Pat was planning on buying me a tarantula if I fell in love with any (I really wanted an avic, but I think Grizzo is better). Instead, he just could not tear himself from the turtles and tortoises! He has wanted one forever, and I finally convinced him to just do it!

We ended up with a 5 inch Home's Hingeback Tortoise. He or she is very friendly, which I guess is rather rare. He is currently living in a cardboard box in our bedroom while we finish his cage. It is 42inches by 16 inches and fits perfectly on a table we have. We just have to make a lid and we are good to go! Here are some pictures of our Grizzo

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I read she was only 4 or 5 years old. Sadly, Pat went to soak her yesterday and found her dead. We were having trouble getting her to eat, but didn't think anything of it yet- we figured she was still stressed from moving. We are thinking there must have been something else wrong with her, poor girl.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aww that's really sad :( are you going to contact the seller?

Laceface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Probably to let them know. We are both rather confused as to what happened. Granted, she wasn't eating much, but it was a month tops. She shouldn't have starved- and she was always offered fresh food and water.