Holy Hormetica!!!

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, those are some very pretty roaches, i couldn't get a good view at your site, but these pics are awesome. How big do they get?

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet, mother of jesus... that's alot of Hormetica. The first pictures contains at least $1400 worth of them (assuming 80 roaches). I'm jealous to say the least!

Taku

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, your mood reflects you very well, but i don't have much room to speak, if i did, i probobly wouldn't be on these forums:)

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ive never been more jealous James! Thanks for the pics. (Dont be surprised if I contact you soon, lol.)

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hormetica

They range in size from 1-1 1/2 inches. The males have the spots on the head. The are very fun species and I hope to have many more cool things coming soon.
James
www.blaberus.com

siliconthoughts

Arachnopeon
James,

Are hormetica climbers? I thought they were but none of them are on the walls in your photo.

Colin

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats pretty good sized, but the price is killing me:(

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I started with 3 pairs, I have yet to have any nymphs, any help with breeding would be greatly appreciated.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hormetica

I keep them 75-80F in 4" of peat/siol with plenty of laef litter and dead oak. They like apples and some dry food.
James
www.blaberus.com

Attachments

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, those roaches are nice, good luck breeding them:) Oh, and why are they so expensive?

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So can you handle hormetica? Are they mellow or very skittish?

Gsc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now now, lets not highjack James's thread...he is doing a great job of supplying VERY hard to get species at an extremely reasonable price... Some of these species are really rare and hard to get in the US hobby...it costs alot of money to legally import these species along with piles of paperwork... I have bought from James for years and have ALWAYS been very pleased. Keep up the good work at getting new species James...my collection needs them- lol!

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
roaches

Hormetica are easy to hadle. Heck they actually hang on to you very well. I wish I could do better on the price, but these roaches are very hard to get. These are also very large and almost a year old. Hormetica is very slow growing and have been recording breeding at 3+ years of age.
James
www.blaberus.com