Holy Crap! surprise eggs

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was in the bug room messing around with my roaches when I glance over at the T shelf and see this.

She is a wild caught RCF rose hair I picked up about 6 months ago. I didn't even know her sex until today:) Cross your fingers for viable eggs.

I'll try to get pictures during the different stages of the roll up but I don't want to disturbe her too much.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she looks exhausted. here's hoping you get happy, healthy little babies! :D

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow!!! I would definitely like to see some more RCF CB slings available! Here's hoping for a good sac!

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just check on her and she is still laying web over the egg puddle. How long does it usually take for a T to wrap the sack up?
I wish I had know she was gravid, I would have fattened her up for this.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So will a RCF have a higher % of RCF slings????? If so, I definately want. Drooling is commencing. Don't care if I already have 3 rosea, I really want a RCF!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just check on her and she is still laying web over the egg puddle. How long does it usually take for a T to wrap the sack up?
I wish I had know she was gravid, I would have fattened her up for this.
It can take a while. Mine take 3-4 hours+ to web the eggs over. The longer she does that the better, that is a good sign that you will have a well made proper sac.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am jealous!

Hoping for success. Hoping you keep your fellow Idahoan in mind when we all start clamoring for slings. I tried to buy some rcf's a while back and the deal went south. (deals gone south seems to be the story of my life this month!) These are such good looking T's. (where's the drooling emoticon?) Tony

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cant think of a nicer person for it to happen to. Good luck! :)

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone:) she is in the process of rolling the sack up. Its been a neat procces to watch.
There is a higher chance of her having RCF slings but I don't know how much higher, I guess it depends on what color the male was. I had planned on breeding her to a RCF male after she molted.
I'm sure there will be plenty of slings to go around.

Here is her skinny booty.

and here you can see the web she laid over the eggs.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it normal for the mom to take a break and walk away from the sack? she folded the top over the eggs but didn't roll it into a round shape. Its also some what cover with sub. She is about three inches away in the corner.

spartybassoon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OOh, so COOL!! I am excited for you, and I hope everything turns out well! I love RCF roseas

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its not looking to good. She has it kinda rolled up but its far from round, instead its a wadded up mess:( she is holding it though and it appears she is attempting to rotate it.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, good luck to her...and you. I'm currently waiting to see if my RCF rosie is gravid. Keep us posted!

Jen

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw a parahybana sac today that was, literally, more egg shaped...like a chicken egg. I don't think I would stress to hard about the sac not being ball-like.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'll try to get a picture tomorrow, she is gaurding it well now though so I might not be able to.

I wasn't worried about it not being round, it wasn't really wrapped up at all. More like she just took the bowl after laying the eggs and started to drag it around, no way to rotate it like that. I removed it from her today and folded the edges up best I could and now she is tending it much better.