Holy bolty A. semmanni

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Anyone else have an A. semmanni sling that is unreasonably bolty?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
What does your enclosure setup look like?

Sometimes weird behavior can more easily be addressed when we know what is going on by actually seeing the setup that you are using.

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Haha it’s still settling in so I expected it to be a little bit. I’ll post a pic of the enclosure in a little while. It’s not a problem just wondering if anyone else has had one like this little psycho lol

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
My A. seemanni's have all been pretty casual, I've not had one that was uber bolty, bolty.

My 1st one was very deliberate in its movement, so I actually had NO IDEA how fast they could move, until one day I put my hand in front of it and poked it in the butt to encourage it onto my hand. When it stopped, it was hanging from my face. So I stopped poking her in the butt, and she stayed off my face.

Fast forward almost a decade, and my current one is again pretty laid back, but currently is pouting because she was rehomed, like 3 months ago and she's still miffed about it.

So from my experience...don't poke 'em in the butt.

Your enclosure looks fine by the way. I see no big issues.

...but I do have one question: How deep is the substrate? Is there enough for it to effectively burrow? If it can't burrow...that could be a problem.

...and yes that's more than one question. I have issues.

Last edited:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Yes there is plenty of sub. Also I didn’t poke him lol. Best I can figure is when I took the lid off some air might have hit him a certain way and boom, it was off. The first picture is the semmanni and the second is my T. albopilosum with the same amount of sub.
I'd ad about 3 more inches. Mine loved her deep sub. She made the coolest burrows.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Here is my Aphonopelma seemanni in one her more relaxed poses, enjoying the scenery AphoSee#1.JPG around the room.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My blue form is skittish and defensive, this species is a bit of a mixed bag temperament-wise.

Co-sign what everyone has said about substrate depth

DSC_0001.jpg

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I had one of those. She was not bolty but she was no stranger to slapping or walking towards me on the back legs in a threatpose, fangs baered! Scary stuff!
I get a kick out of them when they give threat poses...get a threat pose from a tiny little sling and its kinda cute. Get a threat pose from a 6 inch spider and its sorta creepy...Get one from an 8 inch dinner plate sized spider....that's intimidating. :bag: