• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Holothele incei

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

The same female that dropped the previous three eggsacs for me dropped another one for me this year. She was paired off and on during the months of March and April of this year. The eggsac was dropped 5/14/13, was pulled 6/11/13 and contained 1st instars at that point. The eggsac was placed in the incubator and on 6/20/13 2nd instar was reached. The temps were kept between 70-80 degrees and the humidity was somewhere near 100% throughout the entire process. The final count was 112 2nd instars.

The eggsac:

1st instars in the incubator:

Unfortunately there are no pics of the 2nd instars due to the speed at which they bolted out of the incubator when I opened it. They're all living communally in a larger setup now.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Successful!

Double clutch from the same female. Slings were witnessed inside her enclosure on 8/20/13 and on 9/19/13 I decided to separate them from her. The temps were varied between 65-80 degrees and the humidity was probably around 70%. Total count for this eggsac was 40 2nd instars.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Successful breeding of Holothele incei

Mated-28/12/13
After 4 attempts at pairing them and the male running away but the female being very eager to mate I left them together in a large 70ltr tub with hides etc.After 2 days I went to separate and noticed the male was gone and only 5 legs scattered around the tub was left.

Post mating
After a couple days I offered the female a small roach to which she took right away,the next 10 days I fed her a few more until she refused.I upped the temperature to around 82F after 10 days also.

Eggsac 13/01/14
I looked in on the 13/01/14 to find a small eggsac with her in her burrow.A couple days beforehand she was digging around and webbing heavily so I was expecting it soon.

Eggsac pulled 29/1/14
After taking the eggsac from the female I opened to find around 50 small EWLS.The female is small (12 months old) so I was expecting a small sac.

N2 stage 30/01/14
Spiderling stage 06/02/14