Holothele incei growth rate?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
how quickly does this species mature? if i were to buy a dozen slings or so for a communal terrarium, how long qould they take to get in the 1.5-2 inch mark of maturity? and what size tank would you need for 10-12 H. incei?
?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would not go smaller than a 10 gallon for that many. 20 gallon long probably. I've kept them for some time and they are pretty good eaters and growers. I've had mine just under a year and they aren't mature yet but at just under 1 1/2, i'd say one more molt and they will be there. Good luck, mine are not communal.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
about 1.5 years will take 2nd instar slings to maturity - a bit less or more depending on feeding and temps. i wouldn't try it under 20 gallons, and even then, you will lose some. they can live communaly, but that does not stop them from eating their weaker brethren {D

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I dont understand...

I had no idea they were that small! I always thought they were awesome little guys, but didn't realize the size I guess. Pictures are hard to tell sometimes with mini flower pots and decor now...lol.

Now to the part I dont understand...

Why do you want to keep them in a communal setup? Is it just for a temporary setup to see if it will work, or do you not really mind if some of them eat each other? I always thought communal setups were interesting, but not if any of them are at risk...

I also saw a post from about a year ago with a pederseni communal setup...I wonder if that worked out and how many he lost.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=96068&highlight=pederseni

You will have to keep us updated if you do...I hate the thought of you buying a bunch to lose a fair amount to cannabilism. Poor lil fellers...lol.

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how quickly does this species mature? if i were to buy a dozen slings or so for a communal terrarium, how long qould they take to get in the 1.5-2 inch mark of maturity? and what size tank would you need for 10-12 H. incei?
?
october 15th 2006 I got 5 small spiderlings (prob 3rd instar or something) now, 9 months later I've seen 2 mature males, and one of my females is carrying an eggsac ;)

loyaluntodeath

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i wana try this out in the largest exotera cage 18x18x24, how manny could i put in there and could u give more info on your setup Apophis?

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

I got mine at second instar the 6 august 06 and right now she is fully grown carrying a egg sac.

I think the room temperature and the qty of crickets you feed influence the growth rate.