Holiday gifts!

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
Share what your loved ones got you for the holidays!

My fiance got me this litte G. Pulchripes. It wasn't on the top of my list, but I liked it a lot more seeing it this close (and in my possesion lol). Little guy attempted to bite my paintbrush while I was rehousing him.

20161223183327_IMG_1024.JPG

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Lol my better half ALLOWS me to collect spiders, but won't buy them for me :) G Pulchripes are AWESOME!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Congrats! G. pulchripes are great spiders! I have two (a big female and a juvenile) and I love 'em!

Kayis

Arachnopeon
According to Family/Friends "Something's wrong with me" for having T's. I'd be lucky if they didn't try and light my small collection on fire. That being said I gifted myself some B. Baumgarteni slings.

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
According to Family/Friends "Something's wrong with me" for having T's. I'd be lucky if they didn't try and light my small collection on fire. That being said I gifted myself some B. Baumgarteni slings.
Sometimes you gotta treat yourself lol. I'm concidering gifting myself a B. Albopilosum this year :happy:

Kayis

Arachnopeon
Agreed, until you treat yourself too often that is lol. Good choice, their permanent bad hairdos tend to make me feel better on my off days.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
You're going to love this species. Mine have a propensity to wall themselves up before moulting - my female recently walled herself in for six weeks before moulting and for about three weeks after. I just wanted to mention it, so you don't worry if yours does the same thing.
They are easy to care for, fairly fast growing, eat all the time, and are really gorgeous as juveniles/adults. Although I would not call her defensive, my girl can be a bit less tolerant that some people have reported, so you have to keep in mind that they are individuals and might not always conform to the species 'average'.
This is my sub-adult female, Portia. I also have a mature male, Brutus.
G.pulchripes.jpg

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My gift was for my Pamphobeteus sp mascara female in the form of a juvenile male Pamphobeteus sp mascara

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My gift was an E.cyanognathus 2cm BL sling, from my husband. I would show her but she's already dug in :). Hopefully she'll be as visible as my E.murinus who graces me with her beautiful front legs every night :)
And i got 10 A.geniculata slings. :D
And the Goddess (we can't not count Her u_u) :-s

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Just offered a cricket to mine... really those skeletron legs are unreal :-s
They truly are. That black velvet combined with the cream colour markings...stunning.
Mine is getting a bit more bold. She used to retreat in her burrow when i touched the enclosure, only to emerge hours later. I think she learned that disturbance=food. She still flies down her burrow, but seconds aftee i put down the lid, she is there again, hauling her food inside. She's fast!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
My wife was one of those people you could find standing up on the kitchen table with a blunt object shaking in fear if a spider was seen two rooms over. It was kinda like pulling teeth to get a tarantula. Now that we have had them around our house for about 8 months, she has really grown to be fascinated by them. That being said, she got me the following for Christmas: P. metallica, P. pulcher, P. sazimai, G. porteri, N. chromatus, A. chalcodes, and GBB. I love her, she is awesome!

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I also got a little G pulchripes! It was really calm during rehousing, is now getting settled in the new enclosure (pet store kept it in 1" of damp potting soil so the second we got it home we rehoused)
Congrats and happy holidays :D

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
My wife was one of those people you could find standing up on the kitchen table with a blunt object shaking in fear if a spider was seen two rooms over. It was kinda like pulling teeth to get a tarantula. Now that we have had them around our house for about 8 months, she has really grown to be fascinated by them. That being said, she got me the following for Christmas: P. metallica, P. pulcher, P. sazimai, G. porteri, N. chromatus, A. chalcodes, and GBB. I love her, she is awesome!
Holy cow aren't you a lucky man! That's quite the addition to any collection haha, very cool

Cassiusstein

Arachnosquire
I also got a little G pulchripes! It was really calm during rehousing, is now getting settled in the new enclosure (pet store kept it in 1" of damp potting soil so the second we got it home we rehoused)
Congrats and happy holidays :D
He came in the same small set up, ilI was more than happy ro get him into a nice spacious enclosure with an actual hide :) thank you, happy holidays to you too! I hope yours is as hungry as mine, nothing I love more than a hungry T :D

Paiige

Arachnobaron
He came in the same small set up, ilI was more than happy ro get him into a nice spacious enclosure with an actual hide :) thank you, happy holidays to you too! I hope yours is as hungry as mine, nothing I love more than a hungry T :D
Took a roach right away :D She was starting to redecorate when I left for work this morning, can't wait to see what a mess she's made when I get home