Hogna schmitzi

CtenidaeMan

Arachnopeon
Ke
Hey, new poster (and long time lurker) here. I've been eyeing Hogna schmitzi for a long time and I just saw that Spidersworld.EU carries a few slings for a very reasonable price. I cannot find any info om them, besides that they are from Madeira? Anyone got anything?
Keep them more dry on sand /soil mixed with sand. The don't dig/burrow unless they make an eggsac

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
Ke

Keep them more dry on sand /soil mixed with sand. The don't dig/burrow unless they make an eggsac
Oyeah thanks I forgot about the sand and it did make a eggsac its it second time going in same one to molt I be getting the sand today

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
Oyeah thanks I forgot about the sand and it did make a eggsac its it second time going in same one to molt I be getting the sand today
Can you give me some advice on my two LP juveniles and two curly hairs one a juvenile and one still a sling

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
Can you give me some advice on my two LP juveniles and two curly hairs one a juvenile and one still a sling
I have them in right settings they been eating alot the two LPs my LPs molt around same time and one is darker than the other is more pinkish could it be one is male and the other female?

Wolfclan77

Arachnopeon
I have them in right settings they been eating alot the two LPs my LPs molt around same time and one is darker than the other is more pinkish could it be one is male and the other female?
And the darker one large than the pinkish one

Jumbie Spider

Arachnobaron
Ke

I keep 2 H Schmitzi and both have been observed to burrow and stay there for undefined periods. They usually go in there and hide out to molt, but I have also seen them go in there after being well fed and wanting to be left alone.
They clearly enjoy to burrow, and creates a nice web bubble underground, and even hangs upside down in there.
Growth rate is extremely fast, one of my < 0.25" sling has grown to about ~1.5" (or bigger) and showing some adult colors already in less than 3 months.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Ke

My juvenile made a burrow/hide. I call it a sub bubble. Has made it larger with each moult. Moults in the sub bubble and shelters in it too.