Hogna Radiata sling inubator/nursery

markowolf

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I want to show you my nursery for Hogna Radiata wolf spider slings.

The plastic container is a little big but it makes it easy to work around them.

I have a shallow water dish with cotton inside so they don't drown ,a heat pad that keeps the temperature from 25-30 °C and a protective net covering the box made from an old stocking.

Slings are 1./2. instar and beginning to move around and explore.

They are not eating yet and they have been offered crushed and cut open grass hopper.

Any suggestion on keeping them alive would be appreciated!! This is my first nursery because mom wolf died of old age.

Here are some pictures:

DSC_0065.JPG DSC_0066.JPG DSC_0067.JPG

Majo

Arachnopeon
Hello I recently found an eggsac and kept one of the slings I gave him tiny flies like those wandering in the ceiling and put drop on the side of the jar he was on.
As you have more than one (lol) they may eat each other at a certain age if the don't eat what you feed them:depressed:

Also the temp might be too much high for them. Idrk but they can hatch outside in the fall

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Very cool idea! I hadn't really thought of using an incubator other than for Latrodectus. You'll want to keep a close eye on the cotton in the water dish to make sure it doesn't mold up or just change it frequently. In terms of food, lycosids are very movement based in their hunting, so their prey will need to be moving for it to catch their attention. Fruit flies and pinhead crickets should do the job. Otherwise, you can let them munch on each other for a bit and separate out the largest, strongest individuals once you have a smaller number. I agree with decreasing the temp a little bit as well.