Hogna lenta

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks

Thanks, Alex!
My favorites are the rabid wolf spider and the florida dark wolf spider.
I'll try to get some pics of them.
I'm just now learning how to use this camera and am having some trouble holding it still enough to get crystal clarity, but I'll keep trying! (Probably drive you all nuts with pictures, lol)

Paul

Kaissos5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I captured a wolf spider for my insect collection, (before i realized that they would be much cooler alive) and i believe it to be a rabid wolf spider. could you get me a pic of yours?

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kaissos5
I captured a wolf spider for my insect collection, (before i realized that they would be much cooler alive) and i believe it to be a rabid wolf spider. could you get me a pic of yours?
Sure!

I'm about ready to try breeding a couple, which should be interesting!

They are quick little buggers, so I'll try to get a pic for you in the next couple of days.

Paul

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're welcome.

Sorry it isn't the greatest picture, but you can get a general idea here. (I need to get a tripod like Scott suggested)

Paul

Attachments

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Paul,
is it true that wolf spiders are the only arachnid that used their eyes when hunting their prey.
thanks,
Michael

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Theraposa
Hey Paul,
is it true that wolf spiders are the only arachnid that used their eyes when hunting their prey.
thanks,
Michael
Hi Michael,

All arachnids use their eyes while hunting to some extent, but as far as long range vision, it's thought by many that the arboreal arachnids, such as jumping spiders and other arboreals, possess specialized vision for hunting prey and escaping predators, and it appears from their acrobatics and style of hunting that it's very good vision! While we can observe and note by observation what appears to be good vision to ourselves, very little is actually known about how much arachnids can see with their eyes.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. Thanks,

Paul

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am looking to buy a wolf spider. If you could direct me to the right area to buy one it would be much appreciated.
Wow, talk about extreme thread resurrection...

Anyway, put away your wallet because you're better off going into your backyard and finding one.