Hogna coloradensis pics?

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Does anyone have any pictures of hogna coloradensis they can share? there are not verany on.line only found a few and most are males curious what their max size is as well.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I know a dealer in the United States who is selling them at the moment. Photos are some screenshots from my Instagram story, possibly the worst photos in history.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
carolinensis- all black coxae and sternum, most of venter black

coloradensis- Epigastric furrow, sternum, and coxae black. Venter bare, small black blotch on base of spinnerets. sometimes with black spots forming a two lines along the venter

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Nevermind; I misread the title as Hogna carolinensis.

Last edited:

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
carolinensis- all black coxae and sternum, most of venter black

coloradensis- Epigastric furrow, sternum, and coxae black. Venter bare, small black blotch on base of spinnerets. sometimes with black spots forming a two lines along the venter

Thanks fo the input smokehound714
From what I heard they are a little smaller than carolinensis.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
They are significantly smaller than carolinensis, only reaching 2.5" in legspan at max, and a bodylength of around 20 mm, about the size of a grass spider

Smokehound714

Arachnoking

Theres a couple i caught a few days ago

As you can see, they're quite distinct looking from carolinensis, smaller. Theyre only found west of the colorado river in atriplex scrub, which is common throughout the great basin

Last edited: