Hoffmannius waueri

Perentie

Arachnosquire
I believe that's the current binomial... anyway, I'm really enjoying keeping this species. Picked up two individuals and mainly just hoping it was a pair, put them in together briefly. Shortly after, I got babies from the one I assumed to be female. Not sure if it's from the pairing or a previous one, but nonetheless cool. The adults are less than an inch long, and the babies are obviously much smaler . Has anyone else worked with this species? I'm at a loss for how to separate out such tiny babies from the mom, any tips? I'll get some pictures sometime soon.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Hoffmanius is actually a very outdated name.

The current name of this species is Maaykuyak waueri.

Vaejovis is no longer a valid genus, having been split into several genera, like paravaejovis, kochius, wernerius, etc.

Perentie

Arachnosquire
Hoffmanius is actually a very outdated name.
The current name of this species is Maaykuyak waueri.
Vaejovis is no longer a valid genus, having been split into several genera, like paravaejovis, kochius, wernerius, etc.
Thank you, I hadn't heard of the revision.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Where did they place Vaejovis carolinianus? I knew about the revision but didn't realize it was genus wide.

Perentie

Arachnosquire
In any case, the babies are still on her back, and appear to be developing nicely. Much more defined features now, looking like miniature adults, barring the color. Thinking I may get a cheap fishing tackle box and put a baby per slot. Slightly moist coco-fiber, feed flightless fruit flies.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry! Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Lol. I should have a few coming in a few weeks. I have never kept them but I'm extremely excited to get them! How many babies dos the female give birth to?

Perentie

Arachnosquire
Babies just dropped off, now I'm looking into how much they sell for, and finding little, haha. My count was 17.