Hoffmannius spinigerus Care?

ArachnidEnthusiast

Arachnopeon
Is there a rule of thumb on the size of a scorpion enclosure depending on the individual specimen?

Does anybody know the basic care of Hoffmannius spinigerus. I acquired one from a friend who is getting out of the hobby and this is my first scorpion so I was just wondering the care and such. Right now it’s in a sterilite container with 80% local gravel here in California and 20% Eco earth/ Potting soil. It seems that it is burrowed but I am not aware of a Hoffmannius spinigerus burrowing. Also my friend said it was indeed wild caught.

cheers
J

ArachnidEnthusiast

Arachnopeon
I have, and YouTubed it I see a little bit of info but not enough. I wouldn’t come here if I didn’t do my reasearch. This is my last resort

Take it easy man I am just curious because I want to make sure I’m doing everything right. No need to snap at me like that.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Take it easy man I am just curious because I want to make sure I’m doing everything right. No need to snap at me like that.
Trying to help. You're going to get way more help if you had combined the threads. This is a quick way to get dismissed.

Trying to help. You're going to get way more help if you had combined the threads. This is a quick way to get dismissed.
Also for rather simple questions....the search tool has more knowledge than everyone online combined at the same time...and faster! 👍

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
It depends on the size of the scorpion and what type of scorpion it is. if it's a burrower it'll require deep substrate to burrow into (but the enclosure doesn't have to be huge, just deep). It also depends on if you are only having one or more than one scorpion in there. But generally the bigger the enclosure the more housekeeping you may have to do. Just as long as it has plenty of hides that it can retreat to and there is a water source with clean water provided, it can do well in any size enclosure.

I found this info on care for this species. Yeah, you are right, there isn't a lot of info out there on their care.