• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Hoffers Tropic Life Pets, WI

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive,

Just got my first two scorps from these guys. They are a great store for all your exotic needs and really don't fit under the category of "Pet store." There facilities include a fish room the size of a warehouse, the largest reptile exhibition in the state and entire wall dedicated to inverts. All the staff is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I definitely recommend them for anybody in the area.

The only thing that surprised me is when I asked them if the 10% Arachnomember discount was effective and they said that they had never heard of this sight! Anyway I told them what we are about and the owner especially was glad to have such information. So it is quite possible that they will discount members in the future. ~ Rex

JeffK

Arachnopeon
I am neutral with them. I was a very green tarantuala owner and found the support I recieved as very poor. They do have an excellent store and the history of being one of Milwaukees best pet stores around. The prices are High compared to anywhere I have seen, but the selection is awsome. IF you know what you want and dont rely on the info they give you than I say it is great. Again not bashing it, just simply saying that I think the staff is a little quick to sell you and item without understanding your needs or expectations. It is the staff in general not just one individual. I have been a customer of theirs for Fish and reptiles for over 20 years.

Last edited:

QSCrow

Arachnopeon
I got my first T there, which I won't do again, just because of the prices and the dealers I have found since joining. (I'm ordering my next invert from Ken.) I paid $75 for my 2 inch B. smithi. They did however give me a dozen starter crickets for free with my purchase. I will most definitely be going back for any reptile needs I may have in the future.

cold blood

Staff member
I'm laughing at this post. I have sent e-mails to hoffers multiple times and have NEVER gotten a response....not once. I actually assumed they didn't even carry t's. Found Gary's pet Jungle in Milwaukee and although its tiny, they have decent selection and prices that rival or beat most dealers. I got a 1.5 B. smithi there for 19.99. Gonna have to check out hoffers....again I guess.

QSCrow

Arachnopeon
Thanks for that post Cold Blood... I just gave Gary's a call and will be stopping this weekend.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk