Hobbyists in Colorado?

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I'm located in Northern Colorado, in the Loveland Ft Collins area. I was wondering if there are any other enthusiasts in my neck of the woods...or even in Colorado?

What are your hobby interests?
Have you ever been to southern Colorado and seen the Tarantula Migrations in the fall?
Ever gone collecting to see what our local state has to offer in the way of invertebrates?

Are you a member in a club or organization?

ExotiPet

Arachnopeon
My wife and I are just getting back in to the hobby. We bred T's about 8 years ago and had a collection of over 100 species at one time. We were also an active member of Mile High bug Club back then. OIh and we have never been down south to see the migration.

Currently we live in Berthoud, so not to far from you. We only have 2 species currently but looking to expand very soon as we are attending the reptile show next month in hopes of finding a few from our wishlist. It would be fun to get back into breeding a select few species.

Current species
0.1 Avic Purpea (approx 8yrs old)
1.1 Avic Avic (juvies so sex is suspected, about 10 months old)

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Yep, there's a few of us.

I sort fell off the hobby, but I had close to 50 tarantulas at once before. Now I have fewer than 5

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Yep, there's a few of us.

I sort fell off the hobby, but I had close to 50 tarantulas at once before. Now I have fewer than 5
Two questions:

Where are you in Colorado?

And...Are you going to be going to the convention in February?

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Two questions:

Where are you in Colorado?

And...Are you going to be going to the convention in February?

I live in Littleton area, specifically around Highlands Ranch.

I haven't been to the convention for a while, I might I dunno.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
If you decide to go this year...on Saturday...we could get a drink and chat. I'll be picking up an order of spiders.

Sleeplessowl

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm very very very new to the hobby, in Denver, and attending the expo coming up in hopes of picking up 1 or 2 slings. I literally just got a T. albopilosum at scales and tails. My interest is in the hobby is NW calm-ish varieties. I've always wanted to keep jumpers but was never able to find them CB and would feel bad catching one and keeping it (same goes for cat faced orb weavers).

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I’ll be hanging around the convention this morning till about noon or so...then headed home to re-house my purchases

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
I'm not in Colorado, but I'm only 10 minutes from the boarder! Close enough to count? Haha. I'm just starting out. Have a small B.hamorii about 1"dls. And a damon diadem that appears to be carrying an egg sac. But I'm hooked and looking for more.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I'm not in Colorado, but I'm only 10 minutes from the boarder! Close enough to count? Haha. I'm just starting out. Have a small B.hamorii about 1"dls. And a damon diadem that appears to be carrying an egg sac. But I'm hooked and looking for more.
You're officially adopted...Welcome to Colorado :cool:

If you ever goto to those pet-shops that we were talking about, let us all know your impressions. I would like very much to know your thoughts.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
You're officially adopted...Welcome to Colorado :cool:

If you ever goto to those pet-shops that we were talking about, let us all know your impressions. I would like very much to know your thoughts.
I am probably going to fort Collins this weekend and have a few I'm going to try to visit. I'll keep you posted

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I've posted two new threads on Reptile Conventions in Colorado.

You can stop PMing me...information is posted and available, with links to the websites. :bag:

Last edited:

FinalBlue

Arachnopeon
👋 I'm from southern-ish Colorado outside of Parker specifically. I'm new to the hobby. I have one T a Pseudhapalopus sp Blue unsure of gender 🤞 I can find out next molt and start hunting down a potential mate. I'd like to get comfortable breeding and care in general then breed gootys. I'm on the hunt for another species that matures a little quicker than my little Benz since they're another 2-4 years from maturing and I'd like to be buying my first gootys by that time. I'm also on the hunt for Euathlus sp. red and struck out at the expo 😞 I'd like to breed these guys just as bad as gootys but so far both elude me. Reds because I've never found one for sale yet and gootys because they're expensive. I'm still unsure what I'll pick as a second T/ first breeding pair but it'll small/medium size. I'm working on finding something unique, fairly easy to obtain, a good demand so I can easily get rid of slings, and easy to breed/docile temperaments. The "holy grail" species so to speak. I might be sending myself on a wild goose chase but there's a couple I think meet my criteria.

GreenTip

Arachnopeon
I grew up in denver during the 90’s. Ran around outside a lot in a small park near my apartment, catching grasshoppers, crickets, and crawdads etc...

I started with an emperor scorpion years ago but returned it.

Started the hobby AGAIN this year with another emperor scorpion (lol) and a bunch of hot buthids. shortly after I diversified into T’s too. They both have their pluses and minuses.
I will try to keep my collection under 30. haha

Currently have:
Scorps

0.0.1 Pandinus imperator

0.1.2 Leiurus quinquestriatus

0.0.2 Androctonus australis

0.0.1 A. amoreuxi

0.1.0 Parabuthus pallidus

0.1.0 P. maximus

0.0.2 P. transvaalicus

0.0.1 Buthus draa

1.0.0 Scorpio maurus

T’s

0.0.1 Grammostola pulchra

0.1.0 Brachypelma hamorii

0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

0.0.2 Phormictopus auratus

My screen name is from another hobby that I’m taking a bit of a break from (because $$$), guns.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I grew up in denver during the 90’s. Ran around outside a lot in a small park near my apartment, catching grasshoppers, crickets, and crawdads etc...

I started with an emperor scorpion years ago but returned it.

Started the hobby AGAIN this year with another emperor scorpion (lol) and a bunch of hot buthids. shortly after I diversified into T’s too. They both have their pluses and minuses.
I will try to keep my collection under 30. haha

Currently have:
Scorps

0.0.1 Pandinus imperator

0.1.2 Leiurus quinquestriatus

0.0.2 Androctonus australis

0.0.1 A. amoreuxi

0.1.0 Parabuthus pallidus

0.1.0 P. maximus

0.0.2 P. transvaalicus

0.0.1 Buthus draa

1.0.0 Scorpio maurus

T’s

0.0.1 Grammostola pulchra

0.1.0 Brachypelma hamorii

0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyanopubescens

0.0.2 Phormictopus auratus

My screen name is from another hobby that I’m taking a bit of a break from (because $$$), guns.
Welcome to the Colorado Hobbyists thread. You bring a lot of experience...that's awesome. Greatly appreciated to see your varied interests.

Again...welcome. :cool:

PrincessAltina

ArachnoQueen
I'm glad i found other arachnid enthusiasts in Colorado, i feel very alone in this hobby. My primary interests are in scorpions which i hope to breed soon, but i recently decided to try out tarantulas.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I'm glad i found other arachnid enthusiasts in Colorado, i feel very alone in this hobby. My primary interests are in scorpions which i hope to breed soon, but i recently decided to try out tarantulas.
Welcome to the Colorado Enthusiasts thread. I’m looking to get a group of scorpions going as well; a communal group of Emperor Scorpions. Right now my Tarantulas have my focus.

If they lift the public gatherings restrictions, I'll try to pickup a group at one of the fall conventions.