Hobby Lobby Display Case Sale

Jeff23

Arachnolord
For anyone who wants to use more Hobby Lobby cases or test drive one as an enclosure, now is the time to do it.

They have all display cases on sale 50% off through February 4.

Note: Be aware that the Ultra Pro ball holder case is not the same as the standard baseball display case. The standard case is a box shape with lid. The Ultra Pro case is two U-shaped pieces that slide together. This makes it unusable as an enclosure. I accidentally bought one a few weeks ago.

EDIT* I am not sure if this should have been posted here or Tarantula chat, I am fine if it needs to be moved by a moderator.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I prefer the HL display boxes to AMAC boxes; the latter just aren't as pretty due to the rings and other artifacts left by the injection molding process.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the heads up! Time to buy 5-10 basketball displays ;) Does it combine with the 40% off coupons, or not?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For anyone who wants to use more Hobby Lobby cases or test drive one as an enclosure, now is the time to do it.

They have all display cases on sale 50% off through February 4.

Note: Be aware that the Ultra Pro ball holder case is not the same as the standard baseball display case. The standard case is a box shape with lid. The Ultra Pro case is two U-shaped pieces that slide together. This makes it unusable as an enclosure. I accidentally bought one a few weeks ago.

EDIT* I am not sure if this should have been posted here or Tarantula chat, I am fine if it needs to be moved by a moderator.
Do I need to print off a coupon for the discount?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Thanks for the heads up! Time to buy 5-10 basketball displays ;) Does it combine with the 40% off coupons, or not?
No. The 40% off only applies to a single item and can't be used in combination with a sale. But the 50% off applies to every display case you buy (not just one item).

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
How deep are the containers for the large displays. I have some larger Avics, 3 and 4", wasn't sure if they would fit nicely once the setup is made etc.
From this thread
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/cheap-enclosure-8-16-9-x4-x4.280587/page-2
I'll add these to the instructions I think:
1.) 13" x 5 1/2" x 5" Standard Display Case - 902452 - 11.99
2.) 9" x 4 3/8" x 4 1/8" Standard Display Case - 637983 - 7.99
3.) Basketball/Soccer Display Case (10x10x10) - 347344 - 19.99
4) 15 1/2" x 7" x 6" Clear Display Case -243048- 14.99
5) Mini Helmet Display Case (8x6x5) - 347443 - 9.99
6)6-Piece Display Case Pack (3 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 1 5/8") - 782987 - 7.99

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks, didn't realize they were in that bookmarked thread of mine, I'll change the Bmark title so I know now.

user 666

Arachnobaron
The basketball display cases are $30, not $20. And your dimensions are off by about half an inch.

I got a couple.

Jeff23

Arachnolord

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I'm gonna go check them out. Sounds like a great chance to stock up.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I often times seen Hobby Lobby has "this" or "that" on sale, use the "40% Off" coupon and really save. I honestly believed none were in my locale, "Wrong!". Used their store locator function and found one a 10 minute drive from my home.
Although nothing really caught my eye to purchase, except the "Home plate" display was unique. Ideas are starting to form. ;)

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
We hit this sale today, got one basketball display case and a football display case. They weren't on sale where we live (California), but still decently priced ($20) for a pretty cool enclosure with a lot of potential. There's a 40% off coupon available on their website as well.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
We hit this sale today, got one basketball display case and a football display case. They weren't on sale where we live (California), but still decently priced ($20) for a pretty cool enclosure with a lot of potential. There's a 40% off coupon available on their website as well.
That is a surprise. So the sale isn't nationwide? Or did the person at the counter say it did not apply to display cases? I actually went to my local Hobby Lobby twice. On my second visit the person at the checkout initially said the sale didn't apply, but I told them I got the sale price earlier in the day. They called over the manager who said it did apply.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
That is a surprise. So the sale isn't nationwide? Or did the person at the counter say it did not apply to display cases? I actually went to my local Hobby Lobby twice. On my second visit the person at the checkout initially said the sale didn't apply, but I told them I got the sale price earlier in the day. They called over the manager who said it did apply.
We asked the sales person about the sale and she said they weren't on sale. Kinda bummed us out but we still thought $20 for each was a good price. Brought them home, burned some holes in the tops and were ready to rock.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
We asked the sales person about the sale and she said they weren't on sale. Kinda bummed us out but we still thought $20 for each was a good price. Brought them home, burned some holes in the tops and were ready to rock.
I think some of the personnel are not properly trained. You may want to call them by phone and ask for a manager.