hmmm, what to get?

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm choosing a new pet, but i'm not sure what. i might get a fuzzy solifugid, but since they have a short lifespand, i'm keeping open for a backup option. and by "option", i mean a tarantula. here's what i have so far:

P. cancerides
C. sp. "blue"
H. longipes
P. rufilata
C. brachycephalus
P. irminia
P. antinous

what good Ts are black and red?

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A.geniculata

and of course most of the Brachypelma sp.

orange and black..
P.irmina
C.fasciatum

Last edited:

ChainsawMonkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ditto on the brachys, if and I mean IF you can afford one of the lil' buggers. B. smithi is good, but expensive. I'd suggest shooting a little lower if you ain't got the dinero to pay up into the triple digits, but if you do, then what the hell. GO For it!

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ditto on the brachys, if and I mean IF you can afford one of the lil' buggers. B. smithi is good, but expensive. I'd suggest shooting a little lower if you ain't got the dinero to pay up into the triple digits, but if you do, then what the hell. GO For it!
B. smithi's aren't really that expensive. You can get a female juvie, obviously with color already for less than triple digits. And when you consider how long they live for they might be the best deal!! Not to mention they are the hobby classic. i'm sorry but no collection is complete without at least one!!

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i dunno, i prefer inverts that give me bite for my buck, if you know what i mean.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i dunno, i prefer inverts that give me bite for my buck, if you know what i mean.
Acanthoscurria geniculata:D closest thing you're gonna find. If you don't mind it being orange and black instead of red and black go with P.irmina.