Hissing Roaches

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone sell or know someone who sells hissing roaches? About...er...50 of 'em? Thanks.

M/E

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey dude you wanting them for feeding or the pet thingy? I can get ahold of 4 for you which are still small and pretty cheap $1 for each which isn't bad (my price). But if you like I could see about getting you some adults also if you are wanting them for breeding I could probably get you pairs. Yahoo me or Email me!

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Topline biological supply

Hey Ephesians,
There is a biological supply house in New Mexico called "TopLine" that specializes in Hisser roaches..they sell nice big fat females and supermales for about a dollar a roach..I myself am going to order some more Hissers but I have lost their phone number and have been tearing my house up looking for it..in any case perhaps you might be able to get in touch with them....I highly recommend them for Hissers....they even sell a specially forumlated food for Hissers as well..good luck...and if you can dig up their number please let me know...

The Spider Hunter

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome! I'll let you know if I can find it and if you find it first, be sure to let me know.

Hamadryad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Trying to find their darn number

Hey Ephesians,
Yeah, I HIGHLY recommend Topline as they will sell you batches of roaches,like 15 roaches for $15.95 or 40 roaches for $40.00 - and the roaches are big fat and sassy specimens...the best I have ever seen...and they will even throw in some of their specially formulated food and a care sheet for the roaches...they are a real good outfit...I was very pleased with my last order from them.Unfortunately I have misplaced the care sheets with their web address and phone number and I have been going nuts trying to find it....I know for certain that the are in New Mexico...I am not sure which city...I will continue to look for their number but maybe you might be able to dig it up...in any case good luck and let me know if you find it...I myself am into Hissers....I really like them as specimens...heeeheh

The Spider Hunter

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Are these the roaches you you use for feeding your T's?

Ðennis

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome! Thanks a lot. Our Youth Pastor is buying them for visual aid's in a sermon he is doing in a few Wednsdays. Since I'm the "spider guy"..lol...I get to keep them when he is done. So I'm gonna colonize them and use them as feeders. Woohoo...60 bucks worth of roaches for me for freee! lol.

In Him,
M/E

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dennie these Roaches are the Giant Madagascar Hissing Coch Roach's! They can be used for food for T's but you wouldn't want to throw in a full grown adult roach with a G. Rosea, or a B. albopilosum. But you could use the babies for a food source or a freshly moulted roach while its still soft.

bwhatch2

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Ephesians
WHat's the difference? Size? Are they huge? I'm lost...lol.
huge is the word. adults average about three inches. although ive heard of a lot of people using them for feeders only one of my 60+ tarantulas will have anything to do with them, no matter what size i feed them out at. here's a link to richie the roachmans sight, i havent actually done business with him yet but have corresponded with him a lot, seems like a great guy, next time i buy roaches it will without a doubt be from him.

bryan

http://www.angelfire.com/wy/roaches/roachprice.html

Last edited:

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
One negative worth mentioning for hissing roaches, is that when they sense danger(webbing of the T) they can and will sit perfectly still for days! so if your T does not move much, it will not detect the roach. One positive of hissers, though, is that they do not burrow like the Blaberus sp.

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
huh?

Hey brother,

What kind of a sermon is your youth pastor giving that he would need 50 hissing cocroaches?

Just curios,

-Charlie

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ephesians yeah dude they are huge! At least for a roach! You said hes wanting 50 of them well man if all of them are 3 inches from head to tail and they were lined up in a straight line that would be 150 inches of roach! Hehehehe!
But like I was telling you last night they are pretty neat as far as roaches go. Also don't forget about the live birth thing either! If you get some and want more place them in your bathroom where its more humid and watch them breed!

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hehehe Charlie kinda sounds like he's wanting to do a plague sermon doesn't it?!

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL. No no, it's not really on topic of what his sermon is on. His sermon's are on sex...lol. That'd be some freaky stuff. lol. It's an insentive (sp?) for the guys and girls. Its called the Battle of the Sexes. And on the final day whoever has the most guests with them (the guys or the girls), the Pastor of the opposite sex has to climb into the old baptismal and have 50 roaches, 1000 crickets, and 2 rats dumped on him. So if the girls have more visitors Pastor Sello has to be rambarged, and if it's the boys, then his wife Pastor Mia has to be doused with insect love. It worked though, it's really catching the kid's attention. Looks like I'm gonna have some FAT Ts and scorps when this is all over with.

In Him,
M/E