Hissing Roaches with Millipedes Communal? Will it be okay?

Kade135

Arachnopeon
I have 4 Small Desert Millipedes, and 2 Large Adult Hissing Roaches. I want to put the Roaches in the same tank as the Millipedes, and I'm sure it would work and all, but my only concern is the SMELL. The Millipedes tank smells toxic-like, which I understand that's their defense, but are they supposed to smell that way ALL the time? Do they naturally smell that way? And will it Harm the Roaches? I don't have a fear of Cannibalism, I just fear that the smell of the tank might end up killing the 2 Hissers, if that's even possible.

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
Smell will not kill the hissers as far as I know, but it's possible that accidental ingestion of the millipedes' fluids will kill them. Anyway, their enclosure should not smell toxic, have you sprayed anything unusual in it?

Kade135

Arachnopeon
Smell will not kill the hissers as far as I know, but it's possible that accidental ingestion of the millipedes' fluids will kill them. Anyway, their enclosure should not smell toxic, have you sprayed anything unusual in it?
Well I guess I shouldn't say their TANK smells toxic, but it's the fact they are inside the tank. The tank I just got today was brand new (and I smelt it too before I put them in) and it had no smell. It's definately the Millipedes. I just got them in the mail 2 days ago, and as soon as I opened the package they smelled.

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
Well I guess I shouldn't say their TANK smells toxic, but it's the fact they are inside the tank. The tank I just got today was brand new (and I smelt it too before I put them in) and it had no smell. It's definately the Millipedes. I just got them in the mail 2 days ago, and as soon as I opened the package they smelled.
Hm, none of the millipedes I've ever gotten have smelled bad, but it's possible that they could have secreted chemicals that are still lingering on their exoskeletons. I wouldn't keep hissers in with millipedes, they need a bit of a drier enclosure and they could pose a hazard to molting pedes (and vice versa). Your call, though, since it's not an immediate hazard to the roaches' or millipedes' health.