Hissing roaches need help!!!

Nmarie

Arachnopeon
I got some hissing roaches from a friend, I noticed about a week later that they had mites...treated them with flour and rinsed them off, put them in a brand new cage, brand new everything. How do I get rid of mites and I have 50 other animals in the same room will they infect my others?!??!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I strongly recommend to study / research for what you are getting / keeping.

But for your question, check below post:

Nmarie

Arachnopeon
I've done research its just the concern of my other animals if they will get to them, can't find any answer on it so that's why I came here

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I've done research its just the concern of my other animals if they will get to them, can't find any answer on it so that's why I came here
If you only noticed the mites a week later - then they are probably from your other enclosures - not the hissers coming in with them.
You maybe need to do a thorough check on everything.

After checking previous threads apparently all hissers come with mites.

Not to worry though they are beneficial mites, similar to the ones on AGB millipedes.
They only live on the host and don't leave the host as they will die. So no worries about them infecting anything else.

Also the mites don't stress out the hissers, they live happily together.

Last edited:

Nmarie

Arachnopeon
If you only noticed the mites a week later - then they are probably from your other enclosures - not the hissers coming in with them.

Not to worry though they are beneficial mites, similar to the ones on AGB millipedes.
They only live on the host and don't leave the host as they will die. So no worries about them infecting anything else.

Thank you!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter

Wow that’s unique , wish dubia had that problem lol.. symbiotic mites ! :astonished:

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Storage bin with ventilation sides and top, coco fiber, leaf litter, some moss, bark for them to climb and hide, hide hut and food dish
alright, so no problems there, sounds like a good setup

for all you told us you could have kept them on oats with eggcartons

i would have been surprised if that kind of environment didnt attract grain mites