Hissing cockroach mites

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah those are probably "good" mites to have. Generally, fast moving brown mites are good or OK to have, it's the slow moving white/cream colored ones that are often the pest in the hobby.

DLongs

Arachnopeon
From my understanding there symbiotic mites that keep the roaches free of mold or fungus. It freaked me out the first time I saw them too!

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Yeah those are probably "good" mites to have. Generally, fast moving brown mites are good or OK to have, it's the slow moving white/cream colored ones that are often the pest in the hobby.
The mites are actually really helpful since they eat all the excess waste which is the main cause of allergic reactions with these guys. Also if you plan on getting them to breed I’d raise the humditt a little bit if I were you, the substrate looks dry. I had a female kept in the typical egg crate style box given to me and I swt her up in a small container with moist coco fiber and a heat mat. I have 20 babie roaches and they all just went through their first molt.

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
The mites are actually really helpful since they eat all the excess waste which is the main cause of allergic reactions with these guys. Also if you plan on getting them to breed I’d raise the humditt a little bit if I were you, the substrate looks dry. I had a female kept in the typical egg crate style box given to me and I swt her up in a small container with moist coco fiber and a heat mat. I have 20 babie roaches and they all just went through their first molt.
Awesome thanks!! I’ll raise the humidity, do you think a large kritter keeper is good enough?

Beggottenson

Arachnoknight
They climb pretty frequently I don’t know if this is bad