Hissers vanishing .

craze horse

Arachnosquire
Strange but true! I was given your adult hissers some 6 months ago as a thankyou for one of my Scolopendra. So they lived in a faunarium for a while until I got myself a tall ish exo terra vivarium. Anyways they bred, and I lost a female who sadly drowned in a bowl of water and and cottonwood. She managed to crawl under the side of the cotton and drowned. I wasn't best pleased as she was an adult and was clearly my fault. Another died of old age and yet another died with her ootheca out!
Now I've had quite a few babies running around along with isopods etc and a few have grown into larger specimens but for what it's worth I've noticed a fair few have disssapeared, yet there is no where they could have went ! I'm down to about 8 gorgeous adults. Any thoughts people ? They're for visuals not for feeding !

_scorpio_

Arachnopeon
Baby hissers get out of the gaps in exo terra doors. Trust me. Look underneath it and anything near it, thats where they are.

_scorpio_

Arachnopeon
Also sounds a little on the dry side if one died with ooth out. I have only had that happen on a hot day when they have got too dry/not enough humidity.

craze horse

Arachnosquire
Also sounds a little on the dry side if one died with ooth out. I have only had that happen on a hot day when they have got too dry/not enough humidity.
I spray them dailey and also give the sub an occasional soaking. I've also retrieved many many very young and sorted out 'gaps' lol. But tbh this seems to be very sudden like they've vanished.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
They may just be hiding in the cage somewhere, or they found a gap you haven't noticed yet lol, they are escape artists. Sure there aren't any dead bodies or anything?

BTW, if you spray the cage as often as you do, then you don't even need to give them a water bowl. These guys can take a lot of dryness.

craze horse

Arachnosquire
I think they may have escaped. I've found juveniles on the shelves a couple times, but nothing in ages. No dead bodies well a couple down the back of the styrene background but not a lot. I'm down to just 9 large adults
Have also noticed since I put a larger heat matt under them they don't wanna come out from beneath they're logs !