Hisser Tank pics...testing.

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got photobucket account, let's see if I can do this..

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

YEeay!!!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

More more!! Okay!

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on your photobucket success lol
Sweet display tank, those are one of my favorite roaches.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is cool.... were those chicken bones originally food or just for decoration?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Warren, those are the bones of infants.

Nice tank, J...looks eerily similar to mine except for the beaver skull in lieu of small human femurs. Does the plant still exist?

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Indeeed Cuthulu droppings! :evil:{D
I accidentally killed the plant...it would have been gone in another 6 months, maybe..but really it was doing good until I cut back their diet due to a fly prob. I am just going to use a bigger more established cluster of them next time, I do believe it will work AND the coolest thing was, all the juvinile ones hid in the plant and I had a much easier time getting just little ones for feeding, I used a had vac tube with a stocking inside and would just vac the plant and empty the sock into a container...it was awsome. am thinking ofnthing something with really leathery leaves like jungle cacti and monkey puzzel tree...we'll see.
Oh to be honest though..all the bones are put in for food, very little meat is left on but all the cartilage and some scraps...they and the isopods get them very clean. and they are great decore..especially the turky leg bones, and vertabrea from goats and cows and such.

Last edited:

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Hissers are actually pretty interesting. I love watching dominant males defend their territory from other roaches. One time I had one defend the feeding plate as it's territory and the nose that guy would make while charging other roaches on the the was very impressive.