Hisser questions.....

craze horse

Arachnosquire
OK I've read up and searched stuff? I'm aware how to keep an feed them etc but my question is should they always be kept together ? I've got around a dozen adults and many babies and was wondering if I should seperated the males from the females. I'm not deliberately breeding them to feed just because I love them ! Should I keep the males away from the females or even just leave 1 male with the girls ? Are there any negatives to this ?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It depends on what you want. They do fine communally - I keep all of mine in one tank - but if you have even one male in with your females, they are going to keep making babies. Before long you will have a lot more roaches than you started with. (Even if you get rid of the males, there's a good chance some of the females will be gravid - and next thing you know, more males!) It's not a problem - you'll just need to figure out what to do with the extra roaches eventually. If you have a lot of them, you can sometimes trade them to other hobbyists or to your local pet store.