Hisser Display Ideas

tiptoeTs

Arachnopeon
Ok, so I'm really interested in making a nice display terrarium for my two adult Madagascar hissers.

My question is, how practical would either a planted terrarium or a terrarium that appears planted (fake plants) be for them as far as cleaning goes. I'd love to emulate their natural environment if it's not going to be a huge headache.

I've had them since last October without any breeding occurring. Though, they were both thought to be female until recently when one molted his horns. So the set up needs to be secure if there are any nymphs produced. Would a 24"L x 18"W x 18"H be ok for either circumstance?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Mine is just very plain and works fine. I have 10-14 G. oblongata (which are a bigger species of hisser) in an 18x12x12 exoterra on its side. That would be a lot of space for only 2 roaches, but you could. IME, roaches don't need much cleaning either. The frass or poop are eaten by the nymphs usually, so unless there is mold there shouldn't be a huge need to clean ;) Personally, I'd get about 5-10 more madagascars just so that you have a better display and breeding chance. Here is my setup; not naturalistic or planted, but nice enough for me :D Certainly possible!

Attachments