HILARIOUSLY slow/fast growing species?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Obviously tarantula species vary in their growth rates. Once when I said I wanted a P. muticus juvie, someone told me that if I got a 2" one, if i was lucky it would be 3" in a few years. One user on here has an Aphonopelma hentzi that apparently took s e v e n y e a r s to get over 2" O_O and of course, we have the G. rosea/porteri, which is said to be the slowest grower of all due to their long fasts that can last over a year even as spiderlings.
Then on the other hand, we have this:

Tarantulas that will go from a quarter-inch sling to a six-inch monster in a year. What's been your experience with fast or slow growers?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I like everything that has written 'slow' on it: slow food, slow smoking, slow class A comfy life etc so I have absolutely no problems with slow growing T's :-s

Btw when it comes to P.muticus, IMO the best way for someone not interested in breeding is to directly buy a sexed Goddess, instead of buying an helluva of slings because: "a 0.1 would be among those fosho" but with that said I have to point out that, with this last option, someone particularly lucky can technically end with more Goddess, si si :pompous:

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
My lp's and obt are crazy fast growers. The obt is probably the fastest. It was a freebie when I bought another adult t. To differentiate the freebies the seller put it in an orange straw. "Orange Crush" wouldn't come out of the straw and spent the first two months in there inside a condiment container. I was going over pictures and saw one of Crush with that little straw from just 5 months ago. How big he is now is just crazy. He could get a foot in that straw today lol.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
B vagans male 1" sling to 4" in a year and LP male 1" sing to 5" in a year. I only buy slow growers when they're atleast juvenile size haha I'm not that patient yet :)

user 666

Arachnobaron
I've had my A. hentzi sling for about a year now. I've never seen it eat and it hasn't molted once.
That's odd; I have a 2.5" A hentzi that eats 2 to 3 times a week. I also a 3/4" A Hentzi that eats at least once a week.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
My G. porteri has molted three times in the eight years I've had her. She was a juvenile/subadult when I got her.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
My Hapalopus sp. Columbia large was 1/8 inch (barely) in October. It is now about two plus inches. It literally doubles in size at each molt.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My Hapalopus sp. Columbia large was 1/8 inch (barely) in October. It is now about two plus inches. It literally doubles in size at each molt.
Man is tiny. Is yours a male? I had a female once, and she had a fast growth rate too.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The tiny sling I bought as a geniculata (it's not a geniculata), in 1 year 3 months, has gone from 1/3" to 2/3".

Edit: it's butt is getting black! It might get all the way to 3/4"!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
The tiny sling I bought as a geniculata (it's not a geniculata), in 1 year 3 months, has gone from 1/3" to 2/3".

Edit: it's butt is getting black! It might get all the way to 3/4"!
At first I read that incorrectly and I thought it was actually a genic that took over a year to get a third of an inch bigger O_O

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
At first I read that incorrectly and I thought it was actually a genic that took over a year to get a third of an inch bigger O_O
That's what I thought, until I got an actual genic sling and saw that they have faint leg stripes even as slings (this slow grower does not). I thought I got the most defective genic ever.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
That's what I thought, until I got an actual genic sling and saw that they have faint leg stripes even as slings (this slow grower does not). I thought I got the most defective genic ever.
What is it? I'm betting it's an Aphonopelma species.