Highly defensive T's

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
c.schieodtei (probably misspelled that) or e.murinus for me...both of mine are nasty and throw up a threat display for next to no reason :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P.murinus,followed by a B.albopilosum(funny,huh...,I named it the nappy haired nightmare)Close third is our A.diversipes.The MM almost scares me.The female is crazy as well.I have had some native dwarfs that were nuts as well.

rbailey1010

Arachnopeon
H. lividium.........

The only T that actually came after me when I was cleaning out his water dish........Scared the hell outta me!

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I think i have name for my king baboon now bloody mary. She is super aggressive with her food

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had an S. calceatum that was wound like a top.... just walking by the enclosure was enough to illicit an all out fangs bared and dripping venom threat display. He was an angrly lil punk.

Wound up shipping him out to mike for a breeding project, where he subsequently got munched. Guess he wasn't as bad as he thought.

The other was my N. chromatus.... she was a big girl, but very testy. Kicked hairs at everything and anything. She gave a lot of mock threat displays (no fangs out), but never actually bit. Didn't take anything to stand her up though. She mellowed out after a breeding project. Infer what you will from that:rolleyes:

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a couple little slings that crack me up. My 3/4 blue fang and 1" h.lividum are both way more defensive then both of my 3" Obts. Haha. It's quite funny to watch how pissed they get when I open there enclousers to feed.

Matt

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have to be honest , my A. seemani . If you touch her rump , she will attack your finger and probably tear it to shreds . Shes sick now in a ICU , with a big lump on her abdomen and can barely walk . Has been like that for at least 3 - 4 days :(

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my P. murinus was full of the crazy threat poses, biting on her cork, etc. but chilled out once she acclimated to her new enclosure.

i'd say now might be my vagans (another cork biter, ugh but more skiddish than defensive imo). possibly more likely would be my P. ornata, the 1" of pure rage i dread every time i have to open its vial :eek:

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My lasio parahybana as well as my old obt and p platylomma a have all gotten into threats and struck. The obt is probably more skiddish then mean if given the oppertunity to hide, but if its trapped it can be mean. The others are probably bolder and would strike if given the chance

Jerm357

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 2 P. cancerides are the craziest T's I have. They will throw up a threat pose and strike at the drop of a dime.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
my obt she will be threating me just when i close the door when i walk in i was like jesus dude lol but i love her fiesty though

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In researching the L parahybana before getting one of my own I read that they can be pugnacious and a force to be reckoned with, but mine is just a big fraidy cat - runs to the safety of his hide the minute my shadow looms -

My vagans, on the other hand ... well, defensive isn't the word - "ballistic" is closer to the mark. Houdini comes looking for a fight. He's so mean, even his molts flick hairs at me - but Diablo apparently seems to feel that flicking hairs is for sissies - he takes the "raging bull" approach - and it works! I give him wide berth - I'm afraid that one day I'm going to open his enclosure to feed him a cricket, and instead he'll take a leap and start feeding on me ...

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Well i got the first sign of defensivness from my king baboon. Pretty bad attitude and a nasty temper

JuiceboxBiotch

Arachnopeon
A couple years back I had a MM H. Lividium who would scare the <edit> outta me every time I opened the enclosure. He never did get me, but damn he had me paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeryst

Arachnopeon
I had a T Blondi that was very mean and very fast. He would strike a threat pose any time I put anything in the tank, like tongs.

Right now I have a male L.Parahybana, and I'm not sure what to think about him. If I put 5 crickets in the tank, he will stalk, kill and eat all at once. If I put my tongs in there, he attacks them, then jumps back. He doesnt strike a threat pose, so I'm not sure if he is attacking the tongs, or he just thinks that they are more food. He is ravenous, and will easily eat 5 crickets a day. If I dont put any in, he starts tearing up his cage, climbing the walls, and looking for a way out.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He is ravenous, and will easily eat 5 crickets a day. If I dont put any in, he starts tearing up his cage, climbing the walls, and looking for a way out.
{D{D Your LP and I are very much alike, except that in my case it's Snickers bars, not crickets ... (that being the case, I think you're safe - just don't ever let him get a taste of human flesh - he'll just want more ...)