Hidden h mac?

Cherri

Arachnopeon
I just got an h maculata that's about 3.5" legspan and I can't find it. I know it's in there because it was in there when I refused it two days ago. I filled up its waterdish, other than that I haven't touched the lid. It's not on the cork bark anymore and there's no signs of it in the burrow. The enclosure is super secure and I'm experienced with teleporters like pokies. Are they really that good at hiding? Lol

The only spider escape ive had was my AF g porter, but I left the lid off when i was drunk and feeding the spoods and she didn't get far.

I'll love my jar of dirt regardless if I get to see it or not.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Chances are...if you're absolutely certain you're not dealing with an escapee that the little one is giving you a first impression of what "camouflage" really is! :)

I'd wait a few days, check daily on the enclosure and if, possible, during night in the hours after midnight :D

Cherri

Arachnopeon
Chances are...if you're absolutely certain you're not dealing with an escapee that the little one is giving you a first impression of what "camouflage" really is! :)

I'd wait a few days, check daily on the enclosure and if, possible, during night in the hours after midnight :D
For sure, four odd my five pokies are out pretty often and the p Metallica is easy to spot anyway. I'll post pictures in a bit if the enclosure if that's helpful. It's a display case with holes drilled in (but not very big ones).

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Rule of thumb: If the carapace fits through - so does the rest of the spider. And considering it's an H. mac we're talkign about here...they're dirt-curtain masters.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Hoping for your sake as well as if you have any other animals or children that it is indeed just hiding, and not that one of the fastest nastiest venom tarantulas is on the loose. It’s normal that they are hidden, it probably is but you seem unsure, hope you didn’t leave a door open or a lid cracked lol

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just got an h maculata that's about 3.5" legspan and I can't find it. I know it's in there because it was in there when I refused it two days ago. I filled up its waterdish, other than that I haven't touched the lid. It's not on the cork bark anymore and there's no signs of it in the burrow. The enclosure is super secure and I'm experienced with teleporters like pokies. Are they really that good at hiding? Lol

The only spider escape ive had was my AF g porter, but I left the lid off when i was drunk and feeding the spoods and she didn't get far.

I'll love my jar of dirt regardless if I get to see it or not.
Owned this— very secretive species.

Maybe it escaped

Salepet91

Arachnopeon
Heh. :D i have 2 h. mac's, and in my case they both get out of their burrow as long as something fright them. fantastic species. In your case, l would put hurt prey somewhere near place where u last time saw her, and check it tommorow. :)

Cherri

Arachnopeon
Hoping for your sake as well as if you have any other animals or children that it is indeed just hiding, and not that one of the fastest nastiest venom tarantulas is on the loose. It’s normal that they are hidden, it probably is but you seem unsure, hope you didn’t leave a door open or a lid cracked lol
Yeah, I have a cat and a dog. The cat isn't allowed in the room though, because he wants to eat my leopard gecko. The dog ignores spiders, but I know accidents happen and if it's loose she could step on it. I didn't leave there lid cracked though, so I'm 90% sure it's just hidden lol. Too bad, because my rehousing video didn't record correctly. I'll have top be patient for a picture of maybe some legs lol.

Cherri

Arachnopeon
Heh. :D i have 2 h. mac's, and in my case they both get out of their burrow as long as something fright them. fantastic species. In your case, l would put hurt prey somewhere near place where u last time saw her, and check it tommorow. :)
Oh good idea! I have to go get crickets today anyway.