Hi, with a few pics & ID?'s

krismunk

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I'm new to the board, not really an arachnid or even invert guy but nonetheless, when out searching for other critters I do notice, appreciate and from time to time even photograph at least some of the invertebrate fauna surrounding me. I stumbled across this board more or less by accident in my quest for an ID of a couple of troublesome specimens and figured you might enjoy a little of what I've chanced upon over the past few years so here's a small sample.

As you'll notice there are a few that lack an ID or only have one to the level of genus. I'd appreciate very much if any of you can help put a name to these. All those without complete ID are from Israel.

Spiders
Eusparassus walckenaeri

Argiope bruennichi

Philaeus chrysops

Cerbalus sp.

Scorpions
Leiurus quinquestriatus

Buthotus judaicus

Nebo hierichonticus

Buthacus sp.

Androctonus sp.

Solpugids:
?

?

OK, that was a little taste of the arachnids. Maybe I'll get around to some of the other inverts some other time.

Cheers,

Kristian

:biggrin:

Zeezums

Arachnosquire
Great pics!! That last one looks like a camel spider to me! (But as usual I could be wrong XD)

Trainwreck

Arachnopeon
The last one looks like a camel spider to me too, no idea on the others but they look great :)

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Solpugids:
?
Great pics!! That last one looks like a camel spider to me! (But as usual I could be wrong XD)
The last one looks like a camel spider to me too, no idea on the others but they look great :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solifugae

He got the order correct already.

Where were these pictures taken? Off hand it's looking kinda middle easterny from the Andro and LQ being outside.

In which case you might want to investigate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daesiidae

Last edited:

krismunk

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies :)

The Argiope is from Denmark, the Philaeus from Croatia and the rest from Israel.

I promised you some other invert pics, sorry I haven't gotten around to that yet.

In addition to the invert pics I have a huge bunch of herp pics + assorted mammals, birds, landscapes, etc. I could post some of them as well if you're interested...

krismunk

Arachnopeon
Mammals, birds, fish, flowers, fungi & landscapes on the way if I get around to it...

(along with perhaps a few more herps ;-))

... & it seems that was posted before the posts it is in reply to as moderation puts picture posts on hold. Ah well... getting used to a new forum ;-)

Last edited:

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Awesome & varied series. Looking forward to the next round:)

krismunk

Arachnopeon
Odds and ends...

more to come...

---------- Post added 01-27-2013 at 10:24 PM ----------

as promised, more...

---------- Post added 01-27-2013 at 10:29 PM ----------

I have plenty more but I think I'll just leave it at that for now, as I'm sure you get the idea & I don't want too bore you too much ;-)

Last edited:

krismunk

Arachnopeon
I guess this is just turning into sort of an all purpose photot thread for me, so here's a couple from the past week and a half when we've finally seen the first glances of a woefully belated spring.

The home of our only native mygalomorph:

An inhabitant:

A few other critters:

Spring isn't quite there yet, though. This was Monday:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Dang you got brass ones holding that scorpionfish like that haha.

Ive been stung by those a few times, i consider it WORSE than a widow bite.

krismunk

Arachnopeon
Dang you got brass ones holding that scorpionfish like that haha.

Ive been stung by those a few times, i consider it WORSE than a widow bite.
... & he replied with just 10 months delay :eek:

I not only held it. I was stupid enough to catch it by hand first - not knowing what it was I got stung as well. It wasn't all that painful but it did deter me from grabbing its larger conspecifics.

Oh, and since I'm posting a reply I might as well throw in a couple of extra pics as well. Don't really have much to show though since my hard disk crashed deleting everything I didn't have online.

Btw this was just a couple of days after my camera broke.

Oh well...

Spepper

Arachnodemon
I love your photos! Keep up the good work! Everything in them is beautiful. :D

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome pictures! Looking forward to any new ones you post in the future!

Smokehound714

Arachnoking

The heck is this thing? stick-insect? Leaf-insect? Gladiator? At first i thought i was looking at a predatory katydid, but the anatomy is all out of whack, haha