Hi! New here. Does this look like an emp??

Does this look an emperor scorpion, Imperator?!

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It kind of does, but can you get some more pictures of it from different angles?

Also, some pictures of the whole enclosure along with information how you are keeping it, as from the current pictures it looks like you might need to fix some things.

HumanSculptures

Arachnopeon
I can try and get some more pics. It's not my scorp...YET! It's at a local exotic pet shop being sold as an emperor scorp. I know it's being kept too dry for sure. I'll see what other pics I took while I was there. I mainly tried to get the claws bc I thought that's how you tell. Thank you!

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Certainly looks like something in the Pandinus genus. I can't be sure on if it's an Imperator though.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's a imperator, a young one. It has at least one more molt to go so if you bought it and it stayed healthy, it should last a long time.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
That enclosure is awful. Glad you're going to give it a proper set up.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
100% an emperor. But screw me, that enclosure is bad. Needs more substrate, and use soil or coco fiber instead of bark.

HumanSculptures

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone! I rescued this little guy last night after work from the pet store. He's now in a nice 10 gallon with 4-5" of coco fiber and a few flat pices of cork bark for hides. Also has a nice shallow water dish. He's seems to be doing great! I hope being in such a crappy enclosure for however long hasn't hurt him for the long run. Thanks again.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks everyone! I rescued this little guy last night after work from the pet store. He's now in a nice 10 gallon with 4-5" of coco fiber and a few flat pices of cork bark for hides. Also has a nice shallow water dish. He's seems to be doing great! I hope being in such a crappy enclosure for however long hasn't hurt him for the long run. Thanks again.
You gonna share pics? :p

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight

This was supposed to be for Troglodytes but it houses AFS (petersii) which are hiding in these pictures.. I added plants and organic soil, slate and river gravel, going to put more plants in it eventually. Emperor scorpions would house the same as this setup.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +

This was supposed to be for Troglodytes but it houses AFS (petersii) which are hiding in these pictures.. I added plants and organic soil, slate and river gravel, going to put more plants in it eventually. Emperor scorpions would house the same as this setup.
That isn't a UV light bulb is it? If it is you shouldn't use it, UV is detrimental to their health.