Hi guys my deli container with a young half inch chaco fell from my 3 feet tall table what will ido?

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
At that size it's probably okay unless something in the container fell on it. Check the t for damage like leaking fluid. If it looks fine fix its home and put it back. If it's taken damage repost for more help. We need to know what's wrong to be of any help. Try to post pics if you can. But it's probably fine.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Hi guys my deli container with a young half inch chaco fell from my 3 feet tall table what will ido?
Hopefully you had enough substrate in there to cushion the fall! Check it and see if it's okay, post pictures if you have any questions or if it looks a little funky. Fortunately Ts can be pretty resilient :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
being a chaco I am guessing that it has dug hell out of the substrate making it loose.

Loose substrate would act like a shock absorb. I am hoping this is the case and your T is fine.

Once you see it let us know its condition.

Last edited:

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Any updates? Not proud to say it but ive dropped a few slings. Never had a problem luckily. Your t should be fine

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
A deli-cup containing my 3/4 inch or so B. smithi plummeted to the floor from probably 5 feet. I was horrified, but as was stated above, the container and substrate serves as a shock cushion and Geronimo is a healthy three-inch juvenile now. Yours will likely be just fine too.

TeaandTs

Arachnopeon
A deli-cup containing my 3/4 inch or so B. smithi plummeted to the floor from probably 5 feet. I was horrified, but as was stated above, the container and substrate serves as a shock cushion and Geronimo is a healthy three-inch juvenile now. Yours will likely be just fine too.
I have to ask: did you name it Geronimo because of that incident?

lanny

Arachnopeon
I would say it most likely will be fine. I went to a show Sunday and my grand daughter bought me a A. versicolor sling, I checked web sites to see what care was required and most said that they jumped if disturbed. It was about 1" or so and was in a small vial so I set up another enclosure, as I was transferring it it got on my finger and jumped about 3 feet to the floor. I thought well that's the end of my beautiful little T, I got it into the new enclosure and I'm very happy to say it's fine. The bigger they are the more likely they get injured.