Hi everyone! Quick question, my P sazimai has a huge abdomen and I’m quite worried about it. Any help/advice?

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
It's not the fattest sling I've ever seen. Not the thinnest either. Might molt soon, might not. I would just not feed it and keep water available and see how it goes.

It doesn't look great if you post a photo to the boards asking for help with the spider on your hand and in a snapchat; that will just get peoples backs up immediately.

Also please remember that people only answer threads for the good of the spider and want to help. If you don't like someone's advice when you're the one that reached out then don't be rude about it, because next time you're looking for help people just won't bother.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
but I guess you guys can carry on assuming.
Okay not sure why it seems you are being resistant to us, regardless of how much you may or may not have fed, it really doesn’t matter..and idc either way, just stop feeding from this point forward until after it molts. It will not starve, just make sure it’s water dish is full and sit back and wait until it molts, and then resume feeding after it’s fangs have hardened and fully turned black.

arthropodsworld

Arachnopeon
Okay not sure why it seems you are being resistant to us, regardless of how much you may or may not have fed, it really doesn’t matter..and idc either way, just stop feeding from this point forward until after it molts. It will not starve, just make sure it’s water dish is full and sit back and wait until it molts, and then resume feeding after it’s fangs have hardened and fully turned black.
That’s exactly the reason why I’m ‘resitant’ I am telling you it’s no fault of mine as I’m not over feeding it and you’re telling me things that are off topic, I asked why my spider had a large abdomen, a few people said overfeeding to which I said No and now you’re telling me about it’s fangs?! Read the question. To anyone wanting to leave a comment, I’m not a beginner, I was thinking there may be more to it as I haven’t don’t anything wrong. The video I recorded was the first time handling to see the abdomen close up. Thank you.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
okay how you take the advice and suggestions of members is on you, we are trying to help!
overfeeding
The more a tarantula eats the bigger it’s abdomen gets. That’s how it works.
now you’re telling me about it’s fangs?
You just joined today so offered advice about when to resume feeding, because you need to stop feeding until after it molts. So yes I did lol.
Read the question.
We all have, and are responding accordingly.
I haven’t don’t anything wrong.
That’s correct you haven’t done anything wrong, no one said you had, nor implied it. Even if you fed only a few times, but it fed a lot on a good sized prey you could get the same end result as feeding very regularly which is a plump abdomen, which comes from feeding. Slings plump up very fast that’s just how it goes, over time you will learn how to feed based off of abdomen size.
Relax we’re all friends here!

cold blood

Staff member
I just don't get the defensiveness.:embarrassed:

This is my first time handling it actually and it was to see it’s abdomen close up and I’ve only fed it twice, but I guess you guys can carry on assuming.
Who assumed anything here??? answer: no one assumed a darn thing.
’ I am telling you it’s no fault of mine as I’m not over feeding it
Re read the posts....NO ONE claimed anyone was at fault and NO ONE even mentioned over-feeding.....not one post, not one sentence..
I asked why my spider had a large abdomen
There are only 2 reasons a t would have a very plump abdomen; 1. food intake, 2. egg production (which is not applicable here)
, a few people said overfeeding
Where???

People said stop feeding , as this is really the advice you should or could have been given.

A fat sling is NOT a bad thing, in fact, its a PERFECTLY NORMAL thing and is basically how they grow. It having a fat abdomen is perfectly normal and healthy for a small t...a good thing. The advice here is simply that it will no longer require food until after its next molt. There is no worry associated with a fat abdomen on a sling. You have zero worries, just be patient and await its next molt, which may come soon, or may come in several months.

Stay positive and please try not to automatically assume you are being attacked or criticized....people that post, only do so in an attempt to help and they are all volunteering their time free of charge. We just want to help.

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
It's a sling, slings can be fat without problems.

Reasons tarantulas are fat are over feeding, impaction, impending molt, or being gravid.

You can look at it close up in a safe container as well.

Your question did come off as beginner-ish.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
The reason for not handling is the risk it could bolt and fall off your hand onto the floor. With an abdomen that large it's highly likely to burst and kill your little friend.
As others have said it looks fat and healthy. Just gotta be patient and wait for a molt

sasker

Arachnoprince
This is my first time handling it actually and it was to see it’s abdomen close up
There isn't any real reason to handle your tarantula. You should be able to see the abdomen of your spider just fine when it's in its enclosure.