Hi all.

J

JonesyDaniel

Just popping by to say Hi.
Well, I had two Chilean Rose's in a split tank but somehow the female got over the other side and killed the male, so I give her to a friend. I've just ordered another Chilean and looking forward to keeping more! :)

nicolevins

Arachnopeon
Well, I had two Chilean Rose's in a split tank but somehow the female got over the other side and killed the male, so I give her to a friend. I've just ordered another Chilean and looking forward to keeping more! :)
Had you a lid on top? Could she have burrowed deep into the substrate and got under?

Maybe your Ts might of mated??? I know that females usually kill the male after mating :?

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
do you have a picture of the tank? because i have tanks split 3 ways and not one has gotten eaten. (thank god :D)

and you seem a little chipper for someone who just lost a T, not to seem mean but how'd you split it cause it was most likely your fault it got over (sorry if i sound like a jerk) you probably didnt divide it right.

if you have pictures pleas post

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Split tanks are a bad idea unless you take some time making absolute SURE a T cannot cross over. This death is your fault and you need to be careful next time. Make sure there is no gap they can slide under or over ,fix any that you see. It's best to have seperate lids that open on each portion.......

J

JonesyDaniel

Had you a lid on top? Could she have burrowed deep into the substrate and got under?

Maybe your Ts might of mated??? I know that females usually kill the male after mating :?
Here's some pictures, aint the best though.

On my leg:

On my lap:

Spidercrazy

Arachnosquire
I aint got pictures of that, it was a fish tank, divided down the middle with some plasic sheeting, it looked safe..
if you plan on doing this again be sure to use Plexiglas and a non harmful coking to put it in place, if your curious how i have a link. pm me if your interested.