hi all

kefin

Arachnopeon
hi all

im Kevin and im kinda new here im dennie's his little brother i only got 1 spider at the moment a G rosea. named maxima.. we gues its pragnent maby an expert can can tell me if she is or not

Kefin

Attachments

Last edited:

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Can't tell if its pregnant untill it builds an egg sack but I have never seen a Tarantula Pregnant

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Kevin and Dennis.........size is generally not an indication of a pregnant tarantula, if that was the case then Joy would have gazillions of babies by now, what with the size of her t's abdomens! :D
seriously though, I have an adult normal phase g. rosea (chilean rose) that has a huge abdomen, and she has been like that for years. everytime I see a slim fast commercial I think of her. :eek:
Ed

kefin

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by atavuss
Hi Kevin and Dennis.........size is generally not an indication of a pregnant tarantula, if that was the case then Joy would have gazillions of babies by now, what with the size of her t's abdomens! :D
seriously though, I have an adult normal phase g. rosea (chilean rose) that has a huge abdomen, and she has been like that for years. everytime I see a slim fast commercial I think of her. :eek:
Ed

haha, owkej thanks we also got 1other female G rosea i gues the same size named freek she got a much smaller body then maxima
but my next spiders are a *heraphosa blondi
and a *Brachypelma baumgarteni Smith

Kefin

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dennis+Kevin,

This is for your safety.
Are you sure your ready for a T. Blondi? I mean, going from something as docile as a Rosea to a Blondi with very little experience(no offense meant) Is not exactly the brightest Idea...

The T.Blondi is a beautiful tarantula, dont get me wrong, but I think you may want to reconsider, again this is for yours & the T's safety. Just thought you deserved a fair warning.:D

kefin

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Exodus
Dennis+Kevin,

This is for your safety.
Are you sure your ready for a T. Blondi? I mean, going from something as docile as a Rosea to a Blondi with very little experience(no offense meant) Is not exactly the brightest Idea...

The T.Blondi is a beautiful tarantula, dont get me wrong, but I think you may want to reconsider, again this is for yours & the T's safety. Just thought you deserved a fair warning.:D
hi yep i know the t blondi is a little to agrassive too hug and play with :) but i already got some experience my bro got 16 spiders.. and btw hes a member of this forum to named dennie :) but i like big fat spiders.. like the Theraphosa blondi and my G.rosea isnt small either :) but its too bad they are aggrasive but if the've got a T blondi on the next spider show then i will buy it for sure :)
and thanks for the advice

Kefin

Last edited:

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Exodus
Dennis+Kevin,

This is for your safety.
Thanks for your concern, but as you might know, I have more defensive ones like P. murinus, P. cambridgei, C. fasciatum (yes, this is a bad bad girl!). So my (lack of) experience isn't the thing that's keeping me from buying a T. blondi.
I have quite a few spiderlings now, and with a little luck they will all grow out to be huge adults, so I doubt if there will be much room left to house a big female T. blondi.

Thanks again for the warning :).

Dennis