Hi all & one question

Sam

Arachnopeon
Hi all, i have readed this forum about ½+ year but idont have never writed here anything.., anyway iam from finland and thats why i dont have very good english (i think) so my posts could be hard to read/understand or something, hope you understand. OK but like i say i have one queostion.., here it comes:

I went check my rosie about one month ago and i saw my rosie when she just went molting position, OK i think thats it normal molting position (like it is) then i went somewhere else(i cant remember :) ), i come back about hour later and i saw my rosie on upsides (like standing) BUT she ISNT molted! I was really surpised/worryed. So.., anybody here know what she was doing..?
But i think it was nothing seriously becourse like i say this happen one month ago.., she still lives :)

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Sam and welcome! :)

That's an interesting question. Was your rosie underneath any kind of webbing when you saw it in the molting position? It almost sounds like a male loading his pedipalps. They often turn upside down to do this.

Atrax

Sam

Arachnopeon
No, no she isnt under webbing.., she was on his webmat but not under it... And one thing i forget to say, iam not sure is my rosie she or he becourse the petshop where i bought it about two years ago says it is female but in my opinion its looks lot of more male than female, and i think she/he have somekind of hooks in forelegs (i think that means my rosie is male but iam not 100% sure is there any hooks in forelegs, i must check it when it starting wandering/climbing again :) ) .

pronty

Haunting Spider
Old Timer
Hi Sam! ;P

This is what a male G. rosea looks like:

Sam

Arachnopeon
Hmmm.., thanks for those pics pronty.., now iam pretty sure my rosie is male becourse those systems (hooks) just same looking like my rosie have. But that fake molting is still mystery :? and iam pretty sure its not somekind of sperweb becourse HE isnt not under anykind of web.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sam
Hmmm.., thanks for those pics pronty.., now iam pretty sure my rosie is male becourse those systems (hooks) just same looking like my rosie have. But that fake molting is still mystery :? and iam pretty sure its not somekind of sperweb becourse HE isnt not under anykind of web.

I agree with Atrax. I'm not sure though if you mean he isn't under a web now , or he wasn't under a web then:confused: . Males usually destroy the sperm web as soon as they have used it.

Sam

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
I'm not sure though if you mean he isn't under a web now , or he wasn't under a web then:confused: .
Oh, sorry my worse english... that last one is right.., imeen he wasnt under a web then when i saw him in backsides about one month ago.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Sam
Oh, sorry my worse english... that last one is right.., imeen he wasnt under a web then when i saw him in backsides about one month ago.

No apology needed. I'm sure your English is much better than my Finnish or Swedish.:)

I am really unsure of what your spider was doing if he wasn't under a sperm web.

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sam,
I don't know whats up wiyh your rosea.:?
I just wanted to say hello and welcome. And I enjoyed reading your thread. Keep posting. :)

Ernie

Sam

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by conipto
Do you know how long your male has been mature?

Bill
Hmm.., idont know becourse i bought it in petshop and they only say its female.., nothing else, damn petshop :mad:
But i think he is quite old becourse he molted last time about over one year ago.

You might want to read this thread:
http://www.arachnopets.com/arachnob...=&threadid=6127
One of our members had a similar experience in the past..
Hmm.., interesting, just like my rosie did but one exception, my rosie still lives :)