Hhmm... I want more.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have an Emporer, Flat Rock, and Southern Devil scorpion. I love them very much but I want more!
Any suggestions on a species I should get? Something somewhat easy to get ahold of, but also something exciting.
And also... are there any different species that are okay to be housed together?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ahh, there are so many{D how about desert hairys,asian forest scorps,tricolors,redclaws,stripetailed(vaejovis)little golds(scorpio mauris),and then ya got the hot ones,deathstalkers,yellowthicktails,blackthicktails(a.austrialus,bicolor) these are dangerous,i'm sure you know that. there are so many more i didn't mentioned,good luck on your search:)

Jaffster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alot of people seem to have a love for Babycurus Jacksoni. You could look into these?

MasamuneX7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Babycurus jacksoni are such cute little things. The three that I have aren't too aggressive and would rather run than retaliate.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome, I'll def. look into some of those. I'm going "shopping" tomorrow, so we'll see what i come up with, thanks for the advice :D

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if your looking for something hot too. I always like to recomend L.quint. Deathstalkers. They are quite amazingly slim from tail to chella. They are also very active I have 9. 8 living together and 1 I keep seperate(he's my favorite :)). Anyways I always see at least 3 outside of their hides during the day and at night WOW it a wild deadly frenzie of motion.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Another vote for B. jacksoni -- see avatar. Abyss, I'm sure deathstalkers are fun, but I'm not quite sure it's the best reccomendation for a first "exciting" scorp. ;)

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Another vote for B. jacksoni -- see avatar. Abyss, I'm sure deathstalkers are fun, but I'm not quite sure it's the best reccomendation for a first "exciting" scorp. ;)
The b. jacksoni sounds pretty good to me, so many people have recomended it. I'm not sure yet, cause "deathstalkers" sounds pretty rad. I may not be the most experienced person just yet, but I'm up for any challenge :D

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Deathstalkers are supposed to have the most potent venom of any scorpion. Only one species that I'm aware of is more "dangerous," but that's because it's habitat overlaps with people more and it can inject more venom.

From what I've read on their sting reports, even a 2nd instar stinging your finger will have your face tingling in seconds.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That doesn't sound too nice. I'm still pretty undecided on what to get, I keep hearing new things and it always chages my mind. I just want something different than the average scorp.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well it all depend on the person I skipped a few steps :D. When it comes down to carring fror lq's it was pretty easy. They were my third species my last two being P.imp and H.spin. Now I got a few species that most people said i should get instead of deathstalkers so i got the inbetweens afterward. As long as they get treated with respect. And I have always been very very careful with this species. But I agree I wouldn't recomend it for a begginer but as long as your responsible these scorps are great. They climb, they sting, they run, they sting, they make burrows, they sting, they live okay together, and best of all they sting.