"Hey, whats all that odd brown dirt...thats coming from that dead cricket......"

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Now I remember why everyone says to put only ONE food item in a tank, and remove it AFTER 24 HOURS! At some point a few weeks ago, I had two crickets in my scorp's tank. I had noticed that the crickets liked to hide in one large hold in a piece of cork bark. Even though the scorps didnt eat them, I left them in there. Eventually, they dissapeared.

Yesterday, I tossed a superworm in there as well. I let it crawl around and make itself at home, hoping the scorps would catch it. Instead, it found that hole the crickets liked. And one of the dead crickets. And a LOT of what I guess are cricket eggs. The worm proceeded to dump it all out of the hole and onto the substrate. Now, I have cricket eggs EVERYWHERE! I dug out a huge chunk of substrate, but there is still a light dusting of them around. This is such a mess.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why is it a mess? Your gonna have little pin head crickets running everywhere, which means you need to buy a LOT of spiderlings or baby scorpions to eat all of them up. Im sorry, i just dont see the problem here.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Crickets will try to deposit their eggs deep in moist substrate. I don't know but I'm guessing you may be only looking at dirt. Do you have a camera?

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dragontears posted a picture of a mantis eating a very gravid cricket -- here you can see what the eggs look like (they look pretty much like that when they're laid in substrate). They're also laid singly, which leads me to doubt that's what you're dealing with.