Hey! I think I need some help! /Molting Problem

Edman

Arachnopeon
Last night my B.Smithi started to molt and needless to say I was super happy. This is the second time "he/she" molted in my care! But when I checked on her this morning I saw a piece of the abdomen from the old molt sticking on to the spider. Should I be worried? Is there anything I need to do? I am grateful for the help I can get!

Attachments

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
You could very gently try to remove it with tongs/tweezers but don't try to force the issue if it won't budge or you could tear the abdomen underneath and hurt/kill the T.

If you don't feel that you're able to safely remove it then you can trim any excess off with a pair of nail scissors (once again, be very careful doing this) and the rest will come off with the next moult.

sasker

Arachnoprince
My B. smithi had the same problem after her last molt. The piece of skin just fell off a few weeks later. It seems that the piece of skin on your spider is attached to only a few hairs, so I don't think you would have to wait until the next molt. Only remove the molt as suggested by The Grym Reaper if you feel confident enough. I think it would be safest if you let it be the way it is.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It's not covering anything important (like the lungs) so I'd just let it be. Your more likely to injure it trying to take the molt piece off IMO. The T will likely remove it in the next few days but even if it doesn't it wont cause any harm there.

Edman

Arachnopeon
My B. smithi had the same problem after her last molt. The piece of skin just fell off a few weeks later. It seems that the piece of skin on your spider is attached to only a few hairs, so I don't think you would have to wait until the next molt. Only remove the molt as suggested by The Grym Reaper if you feel confident enough. I think it would be safest if you let it be the way it is.
It's not covering anything important (like the lungs) so I'd just let it be. Your more likely to injure it trying to take the molt piece off IMO. The T will likely remove it in the next few days but even if it doesn't it wont cause any harm there.
Alright, I think I will leave "he/she" be for now! I am not confident enough to try remove it myself without hurting the T. Here are some more pictures for reference, I am not sure if they will change your answers but I guess it's good to update. Anyway, thank you guys so much!

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Alright, I think I will leave "he/she" be for now! I am not confident enough to try remove it myself without hurting the T. Here are some more pictures for reference, I am not sure if they will change your answers but I guess it's good to update. Anyway, thank you guys so much!
That should fall off soon. It's the lid off the caprice and looks like it's barely sitting there.