Hey guys, thanks

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Just....thanks

Thanks for being cool spider persons.

Seriously, this boards enthusiasm is just contagious. I don't think I would be were I am at without the boards.

My wallet on the hand has a bone to pick with you...

Also, to keep this relevant to tarantulas... The best mimosa is made with strawberry juice and fresh squeezed OJ. Take the orange peel and run it across the rim then, dip the rim in some powdered sugar.

In the spirit of sharing, what are some of times the Arachnoboards has helped you out of jam, help you with a decision, or needed good advice? You can also do favorite moment, I ain't picky.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
The day I joined the forum everybody helped me out, and it is thanks to all who were active on the boards in 9/2014 that helped me decide on my first tarantula as well as help me get over the phobia: memorable moment is definitely the day I joined, that day I knew everybody would help me out with 1. Learning all I can about these great creatures and 2. Help me realize that tarantulas are not these man eating creatures bent on destroying humanity on behalf of Hollywood.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just....thanks

Thanks for being cool spider persons.

Seriously, this boards enthusiasm is just contagious. I don't think I would be were I am at without the boards.

My wallet on the hand has a bone to pick with you...

Also, to keep this relevant to tarantulas... The best mimosa is made with strawberry juice and fresh squeezed OJ. Take the orange peel and run it across the rim then, dip the rim in some powdered sugar.

In the spirit of sharing, what are some of times the Arachnoboards has helped you out of jam, help you with a decision, or needed good advice? You can also do favorite moment, I ain't picky.
It's nice to see someone say thanks and recognize the value of a forum is not just about asking questions, BUT also saying thank you to the people who have helped you. A forum is a two way street of communication.

Like you, I have benefited by a number of people here currently, but also no longer here too. We all stand on the shoulders of others, everyone needs help on something. Unfortunately there are people on the forum who don't bother to say Thanks.

I'm glad you aren't one of them.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Its a great community of lovers of the natural world.
After all the BS of work,family and politics,i get on AB,and checkout all that's
going on with everyones animals,both the good and the bad.

Its my hour or two of unwinding,and laughing,crying and smiling.
And I appreciate the advise,even when I'm told to STOP DOING THAT CRAP!!!

I'm a better T keeper for it.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
favorite moments are when i find out im doing something wrong and can fix it. i love learning about new species people talk about on here as well.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I am very thankfulfor these boards and everyone on then (mostly). Hands down the number one place for tarantula and tarantula related info. I know I've learned so much and so many people have helped me. I am also happy to say I've helped a few people in need.

Jason B

Arachnosquire
These boards are my favorite when it comes to this hobby, I've visited others before, read threads on them but never to the point where I felt that I had received so much free knowledge that now it was my turn to repay that some.

I also really appreciate those threads where someone is telling or showing us something they used that didn't work. And a great example of that is the recent thread by @14pokies where he pretty much tried to save a sac, had to improvise with a different incubator, then showed us it sucked and explained why he thought it sucked. He turned his loss into a source of information for us so we hopefully don't repeat his mistake.

GreyPsyche

Arachnosquire
Yeah, the boards are great, I spend too much time here, lol. I've been drinking a little tonight and I'm trying to fight ordering more Ts...:wall:

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Yeah, the boards are great, I spend too much time here, lol. I've been drinking a little tonight and I'm trying to fight ordering more Ts...:wall:
Drinking and internet are a bad mix. Always.

On a serious note, I wanna agree with OP. I would definitely be hurting my spiders more than anything if i hadnt come here first. Id probably have a psycho rosie on wood chips. You guys have answered all the questions i never even thought to ask. I've learned so much about so much, that i honestly feel like i can help beginners even though i still am one, myself, and its all because of you guys.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
The folks on here taught me how to properly care for avics. I was the caresheet kind of person.....until I found this place and realized how helpful the people on here can be.

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
i am also Very happy and Lucky that i managed to find this Website. it had been one of the local breeders in my area who had suggested it to me and my GF long before we got our first T, and we had forgotten about it until about a week or two before we finally went to purchase one. Man am i lucky i did. Everything i had initially been told by online care sheets and other people probably would have killed our tarantulas right away.

learned so much information from just searching through these forums and met some pretty awesome Keepers and breeders. you guys have been a huge help and inspiration, and hopefully i would like to be on your level one way :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's just nice to be able to talk about anything to do with spoders without some utter mug going "POUR PETROL ON IT AND LIGHT IT ON FIRE!!" or "[expletive deleted] that!".

But, yeah, in a world that consistently makes me want to smash my head into a wall, this fine (for the most part) community of crazy and knowledgable mother lovers has kept me supplied with any information I've required and regularly amused me (especially @Chris LXXIX with his random-as-hell comments and constant attempts to convert everyone to the Church of Muticology, House of Her Resplendent Rear-Leggedness).

So, erm, thanks, you crazy bunch.

Last edited: