Hey Conipto! Alipes sp. pic for ya.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's a pic of one of my feather tail pedes. They max out in size at about 6". They are quite different as far as centipedes go and would also make a pretty good starter species.

Atrax

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Wow, that one looks sweet. The reason for the name seems quite obvious :) I might become a pede person before I know it.

Bill

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can say I have been converted by the sword. My Vietnamese Centipede should arrive tomorrow making it 2 Scolopendra now

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Alonso! Right on! Bitten by the Scolo-bug huh? Glad to hear it. Take it easy with the subspinipes dude. You're gonna love it, especially feeding time. :)
I just scored 3 more of the Yellow Legged ssp. of the S. morsitans. A bud of mine who works at the local exotics shop owed me a few favors. In turn, I got the 3 African Yellow leg pedes (they had them labeled "Flag Tail Centipede"..I was like WTF?! I straightened them folks out though.) and the strange Mygalomorph I posted pics of in the "other arachnids" forum.

See ya.

Atrax

Last edited:

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The Scolo Bug bit me good, Gary where do I get one of those yellow leg tanzanians that you have?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only place I'm aware of right now is Glades Herp. They have a "Tanz. Yellow Legged Centipede" on their price list which is probably the S. morsitans ssp. I have never dealt with Glades personally though. They seem to have good prices on the bugs but the shipping cost is ridiculous imo. I'll check around to see if I can spot them elsewhere.

Atrax

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I agree. I don't understand why they need to charge $40 for shipping when everyone else is $20-$25...

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes their shipping is 40 main reason I didnt order from them not too long ago. Thanks for looking out for some Gary