Heteropoda davidbowie...where'd they go?

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
a couple years i think its been since those bright orange malaysian huntsman were brought in, i *think* they were the HDs, or at least they look nearly identical to them to me...
anyways, im curious, many if not the majority were females, atleast from what i saw, and i know personally a handful of people that got sacs from them (including myself). i think the one i hatched had around 200ish slings in it, although its been a while so i forget the exact count. i lost ALL of them within the first month to molting issues, sans for 4 of them that reached near maturity before i lost the female mysteriously and all 3 males got stuck in their penultimate molts.
some one had to have had luck with these i would think, but i havnt seen them in the market for some time.

just curious, is anybody still working with them or still have any of them? they seemed to grow pretty fast and got to mature sizes very quickly (atleast the ones i had did)

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
want me 2 bring you a Specimen Miguel ? *Tee-Hee*

I have seen them.......Not 4 my taste :barf:

I need to be able to catch a Spider, by hand, or it does Not enter House, unless "Special Order" :p:p:p

Favorite D. Bowie song, every1 ?:

Mine is: "Fame" & put on your Red shoes :3: and "Dance" the Blues :p

P.S. watched the "Hunger" last night....and Iggy Pop {great in Concert!} was in a new flick called "SUCK"......it did Not, a Vampire musical movie :razz:

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
just curious, is anybody still working with them or still have any of them? they seemed to grow pretty fast and got to mature sizes very quickly (atleast the ones i had did)
I have one, but I'm in Canada. I was wondering, at what size do the males and females mature? Mine still seems 'small' at half an inch or so legspan. I'm not sure if I have a female or male.

Sharpfang is right, though, breeding would take a skilled hand to catch any escapees. They are the cheetahs of the spiders as far as speed. I had my ultimate 'don't panic' moment when mine got out of its cage and on top of it during maintenance and then owed myself a pat on the back for getting it back in there.

As far as looks, mine's still a slightly drab peach colour and not the full on fuzzy orange you see in adults. But in direct light it has this neat flourescent green colour on the underside of its legs...They grow on you. :)

EXOPET

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As far as looks, mine's still a slightly drab peach colour and not the full on fuzzy orange you see in adults.
female, the males will already be starting to show their greyer colouration at that size