Heterophrynus batesii

numbat1000

Arachnosquire
*jaw drops* That tank is absalutely outstanding! I have a planted tank (also larger than is needed for the inhabitant lol, 12x12x18) for my D. diadema, but it pales in comparison to yours. What plant species are you using?
Could we get some more detailed shots of the enclosure, and maybe a video of the occupants moving around/interacting with the enclosure? I'm begging you here, please. ;)
Gorgeous pics of the H. batesii as well, btw. :)

--numbat1000

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is quite stunning to say the least. Video would be great

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Mike, can I assume that the photos with pedipalps extending beyond the first pair of legs are male and those that are much shorter are female?

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
To zonbonzovi: Surprised no one answered this already. No, pedipalp length is not a good character for distinguishing males from females in H. batesii. Old females have long pedipalps that extend beyond the femurs of the first pair of legs.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Any more batches of babies
Thank you, wizentrop. I did stumble across a paper that said as much after I posted my question. There is a clear photo of male and female operculum on page 56:

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/224608256_Ecology_and_Natural_History_of_the_Tree-inhabiting_Social_Amblypygid_Heterophrynus_Batesii_(Butler_1873_Amblypygi_Phrynidae)_in_Eastern_Amazonian_Ecuador
They are easier to sex with palps than operculum. Take a closer look at those operculum photos, it's not even slightly easy like it is with D. diadema or P. barbadensis. If you take a look at that article you'll see the palp difference by gender is listed numerically and is significant. Females have long palps but males are even longer. The only problem is very young mature specimens are difficult to sex with either character.