Heterometrus Taxonomy Question

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had specifics on certain keys that differentiate H. spinifer and H. longimanus? I'm having trouble finding that information, mainly looking for granulation differences, but anything helps.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Very useful thread indeed.
Be aware that some taxa in the thread are outdated since the most recent revision, but the identification is still relevant.
For spinifer and longimanus, it doesn’t matter, because their taxonimoc status hasn’t changed.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Very useful thread indeed.
Be aware that some taxa in the thread are outdated since the most recent revision, but the identification is still relevant.
For spinifer and longimanus, it doesn’t matter, because their taxonimoc status hasn’t changed.
Do you have any insight on the xanthanus vs flavidus status mentioned in that thread?

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Do you have any insight on the xanthanus vs flavidus status mentioned in that thread?
I have no experience with, nor specific knowledge of either species.
It may be that the taxonomic status of the species changed with the most recent revision, but the identifying features should still be relevant, unless one of these species has been split up in multiple.
I can’t check atm.