Heterometrus spinifer or Red Claw?

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Which one would you consider more docile? Which one would you recommend a rookie?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not to sound mean here but haven't you already asked about P cavimanus already? I'm fairly sure several people have answered questions about them for you.

It's great you are looking to get info on species before you buy them, but repeatedly asking P. cavi or >insert species here< get a bit tedious. if you can't find one of your own threads, you can use the search function to find them for you. Instead of starting multiple threads, you could continue on in one you have already started and that already contains the info about one of the species you keep asking about.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Go with what you want...as long as you don't plan on holding it I don't think it should matter if it is docile or not...

Bottom line- Get what YOU think is a nice scorpion, most heterometrus and pandinus act the same...
For a rookie-
Exciting and active. B jacksoni, or S mesa if you are into desert species...
Boring and docile. Heterometrus species, something like that

-A.tabor

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Which one would you consider more docile? Which one would you recommend a rookie?
Both could be 'rookie' scorpions, as their care includes high temps and high humidity with adequate substrate to burrow and a hide to feel safe in. That said, I would go for the H spinifer, they are big and powerful compared to the P cav. yet still relatively docile.

You already have an emperor, as your other posts reflect, the spinifer is a bit more active and a tad more aggressive than the P imp.

Hey can you post some pics of your emperor, I'd like to see your setup and your scorpion. :D

GL.