heterometrus spinifer mating question

Cannibal23

Arachnopeon
hello everybody. i was hoping someone here could tell me at what age will heterometrus spinifer mate?

the female i have had scorplings a few months ago and i would like to make sure i seperate them at the appropreate time so they dont mate and i end up with too many to handle.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hello everybody. i was hoping someone here could tell me at what age will heterometrus spinifer mate?

the female i have had scorplings a few months ago and i would like to make sure i seperate them at the appropreate time so they dont mate and i end up with too many to handle.
I am sorry but I had to laugh a bit about your question:D Scorpions and all other animals including humans can only mate when sexually mature. So, juveniles cannot mate. Their sex organs are not fully developed. I suspect the average Heterometrus species need to molt at least 6 times to attain adulthood, and after that they will mate. So you can keep them together for at least another half year and probably even more (don't know the precise age of your scorplings)....

Cannibal23

Arachnopeon
wasnt sure so i had to ask. currently about half of them are 3I so i guess i have a while before i need to worry about it. thanks for the information Michiel :)

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wasnt sure so i had to ask. currently about half of them are 3I so i guess i have a while before i need to worry about it. thanks for the information Michiel :)

Good call, just ask whenever in doubt.....you still have some time to wait untill your scorps are adult ;)

Cannibal23

Arachnopeon
thats great news. i was worried about being overun with these cute little guys. i like having a few but i dont want more then i can care for properly