Heterometrus spinifer Maggots

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
He hasn't moved from that position in days, I don't have high hopes for him pulling through if he's even still alive. I put an orange in the corner last night in hopes the maggots will be attracted to the orange instead of the scorpion. I'm going to try waving food in front of him tonight and maybe nudging him a little, depending on the response I get (if any at all) I'm likely going to freeze him and preserve him.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
He hasn't moved from that position in days, I don't have high hopes for him pulling through if he's even still alive. I put an orange in the corner last night in hopes the maggots will be attracted to the orange instead of the scorpion. I'm going to try waving food in front of him tonight and maybe nudging him a little, depending on the response I get (if any at all) I'm likely going to freeze him and preserve him.
Flesh eating maggots will not be attracted to an orange.
That's like trying to entice an agoraphobic vegan outdoors with a veal steak 🤣

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
You could try some kind of garbage or rotting meat but I'm not sure you'd want that stink in your house :sick:
Yeah, I think I'll pass on that. Will they die if I put them in the freezer for 12-24 hours?
Edit: Or soak them in acetone or boiling water for 30 seconds (all part of my plan to preserve him)

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
This is one of the more bizarre situations I have read about. It's sad what they go through before ever reaching us.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
Unfortunately last night I decided to freeze him, he was nearly dead and I figured it would be better for him to be euthanized.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Unfortunately last night I decided to freeze him, he was nearly dead and I figured it would be better for him to be euthanized.
Sorry to hear that. Being likely a wild caught specimen it's not unheard of to have complications.